TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphelion

Apr 4, 2023
Hi everyone, I desperately need advice. I had to do the timed written case study for Lewis Silkin today and I sent the email with my answer to the firm on time, but I only saw 10 minutes later that it hadn't sent. I had to spend a while figuring out how to get it to send but I eventually managed to solve the issue by sending from another email account as it seems protonmail is blocked. I sent over screenshots with the email to prove that I had been having technical problems. It's been the full working day and I haven't received any response or confirmation that my email was received. How should I follow this up? Should I email again tomorrow? Should I call? Or should I wait longer?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I desperately need advice. I had to do the timed written case study for Lewis Silkin today and I sent the email with my answer to the firm on time, but I only saw 10 minutes later that it hadn't sent. I had to spend a while figuring out how to get it to send but I eventually managed to solve the issue by sending from another email account as it seems protonmail is blocked. I sent over screenshots with the email to prove that I had been having technical problems. It's been the full working day and I haven't received any response or confirmation that my email was received. How should I follow this up? Should I email again tomorrow? Should I call? Or should I wait longer?
You only did the exercise today and only emailed today - firms are not always going to be able to respond to things immediately.

I would wait until Thursday morning, and if you haven't heard from them then, give them a call to see if the exercise has been submitted ok and if there is anything else you need to do/can help them with.

aphelion

Apr 4, 2023
You only did the exercise today and only emailed today - firms are not always going to be able to respond to things immediately.

I would wait until Thursday morning, and if you haven't heard from them then, give them a call to see if the exercise has been submitted ok and if there is anything else you need to do/can help them with.
Thank you so much for the reassurance and advice, I'll defo wait a while. I know I'm probably just being paranoid but it was so scary haha

Noodles

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 16, 2023
    Has anyone else had the Ashurst test email ("you'll receive a link to the test within 7 days") and not received the link?
    It's been 8 or 9 days now, considering emailing in just to be safe

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.