Norton Rose Fulbright Training Contract Application 2025

Update on status of application post-psychometric tests

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kevin1234

Star Member
Aug 1, 2023
Hi - for those who completed the Arctic Shores test, did you complete the four levels during the final game ? I was going CRAZI
Hi - for those who completed the Arctic Shores test, did you complete the four levels during the final game ? I was going CRAZY
I completed 3 levels. I don't think it is possible to complete all 4. I probably spent 15min on that exercise...

Louise59

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    I completed 3 levels. I don't think it is possible to complete all 4. I probably spent 15min on that exercise...
    I went to level 4 after 30mins but could not complete it (3 numbers at level 4).. I hated this game!!!!

PS : I also think it is not possible to complete the game, unless one wants to lose their mind

Reactions: Nemo_nana

Louise59

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    Which game is that??
    the last one during the test, I cannot remember the name - with a sort of security system you are 'testing'

I just realised my answer is useless if you haven't completed the test yet, it's not one that you can practice on with job prep or any other website tho

Reactions: M0M007

M0M007

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 6, 2023
    the last one during the test, I cannot remember the name - with a sort of security system you are 'testing'

I just realised my answer is useless if you haven't completed the test yet, it's not one that you can practice on with job prep or any other website tho
    Thanks, appreciate this :)

Nemo_nana

Apr 17, 2020
    Has anyone been successful in obtaining their WG results from NRF? Second time I’m applying to the firm (with exact same application from last cycle) and just can’t seem to make it past these tests. So I’m confident it’s not my app that’s the issue? I sent an email requesting for the results today but I’m not sure I will get a response (same as last year when I requested).

M0M007

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 6, 2023

Hey were there emotions test like ashurst one?

Reactions: Louise59

Louise59

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    Has anyone been successful in obtaining their WG results from NRF? Second time I’m applying to the firm (with exact same application from last cycle) and just can’t seem to make it past these tests. So I’m confident it’s not my app that’s the issue? I sent an email requesting for the results today but I’m not sure I will get a response (same as last year when I requested).
    Hi - first, sorry about the PFO.

I would say (but I am not graduate recruitment) that indeed it is not your application but the score at the WG as they do a first screening and you got through twice. It could also be the Arctic Shores test as well. When you do WG practice tests, what is your average grade at the WG? :)

As a piece of advice, I practised on jobtestprep and it was helpful. There are also a course on TCLA. And if I can share with you a sheet I prepared to understand steps better. But overall, the more you do practice tests, the better you will get at it.

I believe you can get your results, although I do not know 100%. I read on some thread (@Jessica Booker was explaining it) that you can ask to receive your data from a firm, and it will include your test I suppose, so you would get your results.

PS: for precision, on TCLA general discussion " Data Subject Access Request requesting a copy of the personal information associated with your application (This includes a copy of detailed assessment centre and interview observation notes, for you specifically)" is the specific procedure.

Finally, good luck for your TC applications!

Last edited:

Nemo_nana

Apr 17, 2020
    Hi - first, sorry about the PFO.

I would say (but I am not graduate recruitment) that indeed it is not your application but the score at the WG as they do a first screening and you got through twice. It could also be the Arctic Shores test as well. When you do WG practice tests, what is your average grade at the WG? :)

As a piece of advice, I practised on jobtestprep and it was helpful. There are also a course on TCLA. And if I can share with you a sheet I prepared to understand steps better. But overall, the more you do practice tests, the better you will get at it.

I believe you can get your results, although I do not know 100%. I read on some thread (@Jessica Booker was explaining it) that you can ask to receive your data from a firm, and it will include your test I suppose, so you would get your results.

PS: for precision, on TCLA general discussion " Data Subject Access Request requesting a copy of the personal information associated with your application (This includes a copy of detailed assessment centre and interview observation notes, for you specifically)" is the specific procedure.

Finally, good luck for your TC applications!
    Thank you for the kind words and responding. I have practised the WG test on different websites and my scores fluctuate like crazy tbh which is why I wanted to see my real score under timed conditions with questions I haven’t practised before.

I have seen the thread re SAR as well but I did not want to use that approach hence I was requested from the firm first. I just got below response from a recruitment advisor not too long ago which I think is not fair or appropriate so I may have to go down the SAR route but I’m worried about implications for any future applications.

“Hi ,

Unfortunately, it is the Firm’s policy to not share Watson Glaser or Arctic Shores results.

Thanks,”

Nemo_nana

Apr 17, 2020
    Thank you for the kind words and responding. I have practised the WG test on different websites and my scores fluctuate like crazy tbh which is why I wanted to see my real score under timed conditions with questions I haven’t practised before.

I have seen the thread re SAR as well but I did not want to use that approach hence I was requested from the firm first. I just got below response from a recruitment advisor not too long ago which I think is not fair or appropriate so I may have to go down the SAR route but I’m worried about implications for any future applications.

“Hi ,

Unfortunately, it is the Firm’s policy to not share Watson Glaser or Arctic Shores results.

Thanks,”
    Is it worth reaching out to the test providers or is that futile? When I completed the Arctic Shores test, there was a message at the end to say ‘a report will be sent to you on how you did and areas to improve on’ so it just seems bizarre that the firm would chose not to provide scores…

Louise59

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023

“Hi ,

Thanks,”
    Hi -

Sure, I understand why you want your real score. From the e-mail you received it does not seem like they are keen to disclose it. In this case, your only option seems the SAR route.

I do not think it would have an impact on future applications but I cannot guarantee it.

If you are not sure about the SAR route I would recommend practicing with a time-limit, in real conditions, and trying to use new tests.

Louise59

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    Is it worth reaching out to the test providers or is that futile? When I completed the Arctic Shores test, there was a message at the end to say ‘a report will be sent to you on how you did and areas to improve on’ so it just seems bizarre that the firm would chose not to provide scores…
    I do not think the test provider would disclose your score without the law firm's consent, given that their client is the firm, not you. It is most likely they would encourage you to contact the law firm directly, unless you do the SAR (if it works for test providers).

Nemo_nana

Apr 17, 2020
    I do not think the test provider would disclose your score without the law firm's consent, given that their client is the firm, not you. It is most likely they would encourage you to contact the law firm directly, unless you do the SAR (if it works for test providers).
    I have sent an email and requested via SAR from the firm. I’m just keen to see how bad or well I’m doing. So let’s see how that goes…fingers crossed.

Will update on here if it proves to be successful 😊 thank you for the advice.

Reactions: Louise59

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.