TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Lian Lian

Distinguished Member
Feb 2, 2021
Any news from Slaughters?

I know some people have been rejected/invited to an AC, but I haven't heard anything from them since submitting my app.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is also like this

zdzd

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2022
Don’t think they will get back this week. I could be wrong! My guess is next Monday.
This time last year for the winter trainee programme they seem to have been sending out WGs a whole 6 weeks after the application deadline which, if we assume the same here, would mean that people might still hear back with invites even as late as the 29th of Feb.

PFO King

Feb 2, 2024
Bristows rejection post VI. I put a lot of work and effort into preparing because I felt very passionate about the firm, so I feel like a dream just collapsed lol. Any tips for dealing with rejections?
First of all, keep your chin up. Its all a part of the process. You are just out-failing your competition and out-lasting them. Bristows VI was very tricky as it only gave you one minute without an actual timer. I meesed up mine too, dont be too hard on yourself. The way I deal with rejections is by ournumbering my rejections with pending applications. Im currently at a lower number of rejections than pending decisions. Just keep applying, its also a numbers game.

Cherikon

Star Member
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2023
When answering the question "What law would you enact if you were Prime minister?" what key points can we hit? I am thinking of a brief intro + explaining the problem I observed + how the law would solve that problem + why I care. Also, what are law firms trying to test when asking this question?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.