TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 23, 2023
I am not too sure. But why do you think you wouldn’t get through if they use AI?
Cause last year my app was awful and still got through. I don't know, maybe they haven't read my app yet. In terms of AI, I guess it probably does some basic checks before flagging the app to grad rec.

My sister got a job in investment banking and grad rec told her that they used AI to filter out more than 20,000 apps. Basically AI looks for terminology in the app that grad rec outlines in the recruitment page (like key skills etc.). I am not entirely sure if law firms do this, but wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Reactions: taetae

legally.brown

Legendary Member
  • Sep 27, 2021
    Cause last year my app was awful and still got through. I don't know, maybe they haven't read my app yet. In terms of AI, I guess it probably does some basic checks before flagging the app to grad rec.

My sister got a job in investment banking and grad rec told her that they used AI to filter out more than 20,000 apps. Basically AI looks for terminology in the app that grad rec outlines in the recruitment page (like key skills etc.). I am not entirely sure if law firms do this, but wouldn't be surprised if they do.
    Maybe yeah. I feel you though I genuinely thought my app was good enough to get a WG this year.

If it’s a PFO then yeah big disappointment for sure! I just want these firms to get back soon.

I wish they reject people sooner than giving out invites cuz tbh the wait is the worst! It’s like I am constantly thinking abt this and whether if I am still in the running? It’s so hard to focus on my academics.

Either ways hope we all hear back soon🙏🏻

Angel13890

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 8, 2021
    I don’t get it… I got an AC with FF 2 years ago and got the WG last year but I didn’t even make it past the application stage this round?? I feel like my grades have gotten significantly stronger as I’ve graduated with a first from a RG Uni since I first applied and I have more legal experience… at this point, idk what I’m doing wrong as I haven’t gotten past a single application stage this cycle. I would usually be hopeful but damn this cycle has been tough

legally.brown

Legendary Member
  • Sep 27, 2021
    I don’t get it… I got an AC with FF 2 years ago and got the WG last year but I didn’t even make it past the application stage this round?? I feel like my grades have gotten significantly stronger as I’ve graduated with first from a RG Uni since I first applied and I have more legal experience… at this point, idk what I’m doing wrong as I haven’t gotten past a single application stage this cycle. I would usually be hopeful but damn this cycle has been tough
    I know how you feel! My grades this year are much better and I haven’t gotten past the app stage yet. I only have W&C and Travers left so not too hopeful.

I genuinely don’t know where I am going wrong!

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 23, 2023
    I don’t get it… I got an AC with FF 2 years ago and got the WG last year but I didn’t even make it past the application stage this round?? I feel like my grades have gotten significantly stronger as I’ve graduated with first from a RG Uni since I first applied and I have more legal experience… at this point, idk what I’m doing wrong as I haven’t gotten past a single application stage this cycle. I would usually be hopeful but damn this cycle has been tough
    That's literally what I am talking about. Looks like a lottery system tbh. It's frustrating not knowing the reason either. Probably the app was read quickly or not read at all.

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I don’t get it… I got an AC with FF 2 years ago and got the WG last year but I didn’t even make it past the application stage this round?? I feel like my grades have gotten significantly stronger as I’ve graduated with a first from a RG Uni since I first applied and I have more legal experience… at this point, idk what I’m doing wrong as I haven’t gotten past a single application stage this cycle. I would usually be hopeful but damn this cycle has been tough
    Same boat, got through to AC last year, encouraged to apply again in the feedback call. Then PFO'd followin WG.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.