TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Seems unlikely more ACs will be going out if people have received the written exercise already? Or am I being pessimistic?
I think the people that got the written exercise have ACs next week? So I guess it’s possible more invites could go out for later dates, but I don’t think anyone really knows

(This is for Freshfields right?)

hehostressed

Jan 2, 2021
Did anyone apply to regional firms like Browne Jacobson? I’m looking at the application and I’m unsure if I’m meant to apply my previous job skills to the firm - regarding please give details of your responsibilities and achievements and how they support your application?

sakinazali

Feb 9, 2024
Hi guys! I completed an assessment center for a direct training contract at a law firm, and am expecting to hear back by the end of March. Since I am a penultimate year student, I am also eligible for the same firm's summer internship and the deadline for it is 1st march. Should I apply for the internship or will it imply that I do not urgently or imminently need the TC? (PS the firm doesn't offer TCs to its interns; they have to reapply)

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi guys! I completed an assessment center for a direct training contract at a law firm, and am expecting to hear back by the end of March. Since I am a penultimate year student, I am also eligible for the same firm's summer internship and the deadline for it is 1st march. Should I apply for the internship or will it imply that I do not urgently or imminently need the TC? (PS the firm doesn't offer TCs to its interns; they have to reapply)
You potentially could and I do not think it would impact your chances of getting the training contract, however I would email the firm to confirm this as they might not want you to apply if you are offered the training contract.

They might have a policy where if you apply and get invited to an assessment centre, you are not able to apply to the internship. I would contact them and if you can apply, I would apply.

Congratulations on obtaining an assessment centre for a training contract in your second year, this is extremely impressive!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Do you want to do the vacation scheme before making the decision on the TC? If so, then maybe speak to the firm and get their views on this. Its rare for the TC process to start before the VS process, and so speaking to them about this might be helpful.

They may also explain you don't need to reapply and that they can just consider you for the VS as well as the TC (assuming it is an offer).

Wannabe_Lawyer

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Jul 22, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply. Do you think it’s worth it to include my LPC grades then or should I just stick with my undergrad scores?
Hiya, I imagine it's probably good to include all your grades. But I'd check with Grad Recruitment. I'm also an LPC-er and they specifically said they won't be factoring in your grade to the assessment process.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.