TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi there! Just receive online assessment invitation from Fox Williams. Anyone who have completed it before could you please dm me!🙏 Really need some hints to prepare on this. Thank you so much! :) I would LOVE to learn more about the test/interview process etc of the firm if anyone has gone through it!!
Congratulations!!

missingh

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask your application timeline? When did you hear from them for the different stages etc? Good luck!!
thank you! Of course, I applied a few days before the deadline on 28 Jan, had first round interview invite on 20th feb, had my first interview on 28th Feb and got the final stage call 2 days later :) i think i remember they said they were still holding first stage interviews till the end of next week so fingers crossed!

• ℹ️
Reactions: legallybrunette1 and Sharon Wu

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    Hi! That’s so good, well done. I’m doing mine tomorrow do you have any tips you wouldn’t mind sharing? They’re my top choice and I’m so nervous!
    I did my assessment super early in like October so I can’t really remember but look at the firm’s values and make sure your decisions align with them. There’s a document review exercise so attention to detail is key there too!

rhea2

Standard Member
    Feb 22, 2022
    Has anyone completed an application for Howard Kennedy 2025 TC? I am currently on the 'work history/education' section. Are there additional questions after this section i.e., why the firm etc? and are you able to go back and amend the previous section if you move onto the next one? Another firm I applied for wouldn't let you go back and amend (so I want to avoid that situation again!) Any insight would be great :) thank you

Feb 16, 2024
    Has anyone completed an application for Howard Kennedy 2025 TC? I am currently on the 'work history/education' section. Are there additional questions after this section i.e., why the firm etc? and are you able to go back and amend the previous section if you move onto the next one? Another firm I applied for wouldn't let you go back and amend (so I want to avoid that situation again!) Any insight would be great :) thank you
    I did - I was able to go back and forth to amend, and there were definitely proper applications questions as well.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    @axelbeugre @Jessica Booker
    Having an AC for a Dubai TC, should I split my research about the firm news and deals between London and Dubai Office, or focusing completely on Dubai office, as the TC is for Dubai.
    PS: The AC will be run by the London GR team.
    I would focus on the deals in Dubai as you should also showcase why you want to train in Dubai and not London. Mentioning deals and cases the firm has worked on would help you conveying this a little better and more convincingly.

Reactions: Sharon Wu and Ghassen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.