2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Interviewed on the same day with a firm for a TC. The interview went well, and the partners told me that at interview too.

People heard back with offers, but I've not heard yet. I assume this means a rejection?
    Nope there are many reasons why they may not have got back to you, the partners may have not had a chance to discuss your performance because they've been incredibly busy working for one so try and keep positive! No news is good news :)

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    Is anyone yet to hear back from Taylor Wessing after submitting the application?

I got given the games based assessment very quickly (2-3 days after submitting app) but since then haven't heard anything. Submitted around the beginning of Dec but I know a couple of AC invites have been given out

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is there any reassuring reason for those of us who applied earlier than those who have invites but didn’t get any reply?

Really wanted Skadden, thought I stood a good chance having done their open day, networked with their staff, and attending one of few uni they actually visit :(

Is anything truly going to be reassuring when you know you haven't heard back earlier than others? It can easily come down to the fact that applications have been put into batches for different people to screen and one screener has got back earlier than others. Some firms "rank" applications and then order applications by that ranking, and therefore yours could be "ranked" lower (but thats not really want you would want to hear).

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020
    Hey guys, does anyone know how to contact Ashurst graduate recruitment? I've tried calling so many times and it goes straight to voicemail and they don't reply to emails. Had a technical fault on the test and don't really know what to do now...

AH97

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 30, 2019
    Hey guys, does anyone know how to contact Ashurst graduate recruitment? I've tried calling so many times and it goes straight to voicemail and they don't reply to emails. Had a technical fault on the test and don't really know what to do now...

I went through the form on their website and got a reply less than 24 hours later!

Reactions: JW

MJ90

Esteemed Member
  • Jan 9, 2020
    Just had a browse of a previous application and I can see I have made some errors in the 'interests and achievements' section. Such errors included things like missing out words in sentences like 'a' and 'in' so the sentences lose a bit of their sense. Amateur stuff that. Safe to say I am extremely disheartened as I did check for those types of errors.... but obviously not well enough. Probably a stupid question but what is the likelihood of being instantly thrown out due to errors like that?
    My personal rule: Never look at an app once submitted, as theres nothing you can do to change if there are errors/you dont like something. But say I got a telphone interview or VI afterwards then I know its probably alright to start using parts of that for another app!

Edward

Star Member
    Aug 11, 2018
    I did the Dentons WG yesterday and got a rejection today:-( The feedback email was about I did not meet their benchmark (no further info on that benchmark level). I was also rejected to due to WG by Linklaters recently, too. So, I guess I am not apparently the person showing critical thinking skills to ace the WG type of tests despite being practising enough beforehand.

kat_

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 14, 2020
    I did the Dentons WG yesterday and got a rejection today:-( The feedback email was about I did not meet their benchmark (no further info on that benchmark level). I was also rejected to due to WG by Linklaters recently, too. So, I guess I am not apparently the person showing critical thinking skills to ace the WG type of tests despite being practising enough beforehand.

I'm sorry to hear it :( I got the same rejection email from Dentons today too. So so disappointing, I really liked the firm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.