Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Anyone have any thoughts about what firms are after when they ask about other careers events you have been to? I mean I am happy to list them off, but are they after what you learned at each one?

Depends on the word limit of the app I think but yes I would try to provide some detail on what you learnt about the work etc.

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    Anyone have any thoughts about what firms are after when they ask about other careers events you have been to? I mean I am happy to list them off, but are they after what you learned at each one?
    I tend to write about if I attending a workshop or a practice area talk. This way you can demonstrate commercial awareness/understanding of law firms as businesses :)

Reactions: MzM and Dheepa

els124

Distinguished Member
    Sep 26, 2020

I filled out the White & Case form yesterday, which included this question. I put my first-year schemes in the work experience section, so for this question I just put down all the presentations and firm events I attended this autumn and included a very brief description of what the event covered (usually just one sentence).

The way I think of it, the work experience section is for anything where you actually did something, and the careers events section is for anything you just sat and listened to.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: syw and MzM

pbyrne

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 15, 2021
    Did you get a screen after the VI saying they’ll get back by the 23rd Jan?
    That’s horrendously fast given it’s partners who are reviewing them :eek:
    Good luck and hope to see you at the AC!
    Hi - was just wondering if you had any advice for the Bristows VI? I got an invite but it's my first time doing one so I've got no clue what to expect, would be grateful for any tips!

Adrian_Healey

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 14
  • Oct 18, 2020
    Hi - was just wondering if you had any advice for the Bristows VI? I got an invite but it's my first time doing one so I've got no clue what to expect, would be grateful for any tips!

There are three questions and there aren’t any curveball questions, though you only get 15 seconds to think about your answer so I be wary of over-preparing!

• 🤝
    Reactions: mia99
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.