2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikSoroko

Feb 11, 2021
Is anyone else still waiting post app for BCLP? I applied in late November. I really don’t get it! I’ve seen people who applied a few days before the deadline of 31st Jan to be given interviews and then got VS offers. Have they not read my application yet? Am I in the hold pile? I don’t understand
Yep - I applied mid-Jan, did the assessment, and haven't heard anything since :(

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Is anyone else still waiting post app for BCLP? I applied in late November. I really don’t get it! I’ve seen people who applied a few days before the deadline of 31st Jan to be given interviews and then got VS offers. Have they not read my application yet? Am I in the hold pile? I don’t understand
    Yep applied November, did the test early December, and then...

Season 11 Nothing GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

ola830

Star Member
    Jan 9, 2021
    I did this VI for my top firm just over two weeks ago and since then total silence!

I am getting really frustrated and restless, constantly checking my emails. I know quite a few people who have been progressed within a couple or so days after completing the VI, and most of them completed their VIs after me...I just don’t understand why I seem to be waiting much longer than other people. Especially since they said they will be reviewing the VI on a rolling basis.

I feel like it won’t be good news but why take sooooo long to let me know?? I also think what if they didn’t receive my video responses? This is such a nightmare and I don’t know how much longer I can take this.

I don't know, should I email or wait more? Anyone have any thoughts? I genuinely am getting so affected by this and hate feeling like this.

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    Maybe I am missing something but I feel like it's not that hard from a firm's perspective to send out a mass email to candidates who have been waiting over the wait period specified on their website i.e the way Osborne Clarke did it where they sent an email that it will be two more weeks of a wait for a response. It definitely stands out to me when a firm sends an update that it respects candidates time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.