2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

p9b

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 29, 2019
If anyone has done a virtual vac scheme before i'd really love some insight. When we are given tasks by current trainee's / associates based on work they are doing at the minute, what sort of stuff could this be? obviously I know this can hugely vary, but I'm just worrying over how difficult the work will be and want a rough idea of what to expect

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    If anyone has done a virtual vac scheme before i'd really love some insight. When we are given tasks by current trainee's / associates based on work they are doing at the minute, what sort of stuff could this be? obviously I know this can hugely vary, but I'm just worrying over how difficult the work will be and want a rough idea of what to expect
    Aspiring Solicitors are doing a virtual head start event to help with this.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hi guys, I am currently following two career paths. I have a second interview to work as a civil servant but I am also trying to qualify as a solicitor since I am already a paralegal. I am thinking to apply for direct Tc, and would like to know if you had a good experience with the TCLA service.
    Thank you in advance

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

chromaticaqueen

Star Member
  • Jan 12, 2021
    You just sign up on their website as long as you meet their criteria. Once you’re a member you can sign up for any events/apply for any programmes etc. that you’re eligible for
    Thanks. Isn't there some sort of mentoring scheme or something that you need to actually apply for though? x

EDIT*: I believe it's the Aspire programme - https://www.aspiringsolicitors.co.uk/as-aspire/ - is it any good anyone?

TiredPG

Star Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 6, 2021
    Thanks. Isn't there some sort of mentoring scheme or something that you need to actually apply for though? x

EDIT*: I believe it's the Aspire programme - https://www.aspiringsolicitors.co.uk/as-aspire/ - is it any good anyone?
    Yes, it's absolutely fantastic. You get invited to loads of open days/events (I got about two/three per month) just for Aspire mentees, app review/coaching calls, and they've specific insights into the firms they work with that you can utilise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.