2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerC14

Valued Member
Jan 26, 2020
Another non vac scheme question (sorry!) but anyone that's applied to Disney for anything before, how did you put your degree 'GPA' on the form? not sure whether to convert my undergrad to the rough GPA equivalent or just leave it off the form?

JayC

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Jan 8, 2021
Apologies also non vac-scheme related, but are the GDL and LPC formal university courses? Does anyone know whether it would be allowed (I’m not asking if it would be pleasant/manageable/sane) to be enrolled in a separate degree course while doing the GDL and LPC? Would either place have a way of finding out and could they theoretically punish you for doing so?

edit: assuming there are no class/exam overlaps of course

sunflowerducks

Junior Lawyer
Jun 15, 2020
Another non vac scheme question (sorry!) but anyone that's applied to Disney for anything before, how did you put your degree 'GPA' on the form? not sure whether to convert my undergrad to the rough GPA equivalent or just leave it off the form?
I just went with a general conversion I found online. https://gpacalculator.net/grade-conversion/united-kingdom/

I'm sure they won't mind since we're applying for the UK division so they will know what our degree grades mean. What you applying for?

rb26

Star Member
  • Sep 6, 2019
    Apologies also non vac-scheme related, but are the GDL and LPC formal university courses? Does anyone know whether it would be allowed (I’m not asking if it would be pleasant/manageable/sane) to be enrolled in a separate degree course while doing the GDL and LPC? Would either place have a way of finding out and could they theoretically punish you for doing so?

In order to undertake the GDL/ LPC you must have an undergraduate degree, so assuming the degree course you want to balance this with is your undergraduate degree, this would not be possible.

Some of the providers do offer it part-time so you would be able to take the classes in the evenings, however this would make each course two years rather than one.

JayC

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 8, 2021
    In order to undertake the GDL/ LPC you must have an undergraduate degree, so assuming the degree course you want to balance this with is your undergraduate degree, this would not be possible.

Some of the providers do offer it part-time so you would be able to take the classes in the evenings, however this would make each course two years rather than one.
    I'm thinking more of a PhD programme, which involves very little class time and mainly research and writing a thesis. I'm specifically wondering if there's anything disallowing it

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

You really wouldn’t want to do a GDL or LPC with another course, assuming both were full time. If you haven’t got your degree yet, then you couldn’t start the GDL or LPC anyway

edit - have known people who have done it during a PhD but usually part time.

Reactions: JayC

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Personally I put 2.1 to signify a 2.1. I'm sure its obvious since its a UK role and no one would have a GPA. I also have my grades on my CV so they can see what is meant by it there :)

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi all, slightly random but if anyone has done a K&E Open Day could you please drop me a PM? Thank you! ☺️

rb26

Star Member
  • Sep 6, 2019
    I haven't heard back from Taylor Wessing- should I be worried?
    I completed my arctic shores back in December and heard nothing since.

I had an AC with them last year and they told me I’d hear back within the week, but it took them over a month for them to get back to me, and they didn’t reply to my emails during that time, so I haven’t had the best experience with them....

Reactions: Lawstudent1997

hd112211

• Feb 20, 2021
    just did the WBD pymetrics test and I genuinely think that it's painted me very very inaccurately.

I think that tests like these, which are game based and a report is produced, are definitely not accurate - in a game, if I shoot someone, that doesn't mean I will shoot someone in real life! I think this is what is missing - people react differently in 'game' scenarios as they aren't real! The rewards are all virtual and so are the consequences - I can 100% say that I would react differently in real life :/
    Do you have to do the test in one sitting or can you do it across multiple instances?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.