Baker McKenzie

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    I agree, I doubt people would be as eager to come to a forum to say how they didn’t get invited to a VI but I’ve definitely seen people say they hadn’t heard back - they definitely got a lot or video interviews, but I’m trying to keep in mind that it was always a tough process so having more applicants doesn’t necessarily make it harder - It might be that more people actually completed the VI after invitation due to being stuck at home opposed to it being they invited more people?

Sam55

Esteemed Member
    Jan 28, 2020
    I agree, I doubt people would be as eager to come to a forum to say how they didn’t get invited to a VI but I’ve definitely seen people say they hadn’t heard back - they definitely got a lot or video interviews, but I’m trying to keep in mind that it was always a tough process so having more applicants doesn’t necessarily make it harder - It might be that more people actually completed the VI after invitation due to being stuck at home opposed to it being they invited more people?
    Yeah I imagine it’s also because a lot of Easter vac schemes were postponed. Usually more people probably reject the VI because they’ve accepted a TC from another firm from Easter vac schemes.

thecorporatelawyer

Legendary Member
    Apr 14, 2020
    I keep hearing about these mythical beings but I haven't come across a single one yet on the internet, anywhere! For my peace of mind, could you tell us if you saw them/know them?

I actually don’t know anyone personally that was rejected, I just saw that people mentioned that there were a good amount of people that weren’t offered a WG on some forums! But just in general it’s more likely you’d see people that weren’t rejected than those that were! I mean if I was rejected I probably wouldn’t come to the forum at all! Plus adding to what was just said in the forum it could be the case that more people decided to go through with the invite!

Changes

Legendary Member
    Jan 7, 2020
    I keep hearing about these mythical beings but I haven't come across a single one yet on the internet, anywhere! For my peace of mind, could you tell us if you saw them/know them?

I’ve seen people who were rejected pre-tests and VI. Not many but considering you mostly hear the positives that isn’t surprising.

How many of us in here will say we were rejected versus the number who say they got through to the AC and asking for advice?

hopelesscaseofwhat

May 12, 2019
    I’ve seen people who were rejected pre-tests and VI. Not many but considering you mostly hear the positives that isn’t surprising.

How many of us in here will say we were rejected versus the number who say they got through to the AC and asking for advice?
    Hope you don't mind my asking but was that on TCLA/another forum or people you personally know?

LawStudentTC

Star Member
    May 4, 2020
    I am more of a silent user of this forum but I felt the need to comment.

I for one admit I was looking around to see if most people got invited to the VI or if they narrowed us down. However I do not think we should focus on this, as whatever the case, it is something we cannot change and we should instead put our energy into things such as prepping for the AC (Considering they start on the 12th). It may be optimistic to do so, but some of us will make it through to the AC and it is better to do all that we can now, rather than worrying about something that is out of our hands.

I am hoping we will hear back today considering tomorrow is Bank Holiday. They said we will hear by Friday 8th May- so fingers crossed. Even if we do not hear today, tomorrow is just around the corner! We have to give up to the Baker McKenzie Graduate Recruitment team, they have had more applicants than ever before it seems and they have still managed to adapt to the current situation. I don't know about you guys, but seeing their response to how they deal with situations like this, highlights to me that they really value their employees and future ones. This is definitely a firm I hold with such high regard.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Last edited:

FutureCity

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Dec 23, 2018
    I am more of a silent user of this forum but I felt the need to comment.

I for one admit I was looking around to see if most people got invited to the VI or if they narrowed us down. However I do not think we should focus on this, as whatever the case, it is something we cannot change and we should instead put our energy into things such as prepping for the AC (Considering they start on the 12th). It may be optimistic to do so, but some of us will make it through to the AC and it is better to do all that we can now, rather than worrying about something that is out of our hands.

I am hoping we will hear back today considering tomorrow is Bank Holiday. They said we will hear by Friday 8th May- so fingers crossed. Even if we do not hear today, tomorrow is just around the corner! We have to give up to the Baker McKenzie Graduate Recruitment team, they have had more applicants than ever before it seems and they have still managed to adapt to the current situation. I don't know about you guys, but seeing their response to how they deal with situations like this, highlights to me that they really value their employees and future ones. This is definitely a firm I hold with such high regard.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Hope you get the AC invite! ❤️

LawStudentTC

Star Member
    May 4, 2020
    Hope you get the AC invite! ❤️

That's very kind of you and likewise!

Hopefully everyone on this forum will eventually get the Training Contracts they want and deserve. It's hard to stay positive but despite how cliché it sounds, everything happens for a reason! If it's not our time now, we have to use these opportunities to do better next time. Eventually we will come back to say we did it (That's the dream anyway!) :)

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Congratulations both! You really deserve it, I hope you celebrate! I've not heard back yet, keeping my fingers crossed but not sure if its a good sign or a bad sign haha

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.