Baker McKenzie

Demna87

Distinguished Member
Aug 23, 2018
Congrats everyone who got the AC invite!

I haven't heard anything back myself, but considering how I genuinely hate video interviews, not surprised.

Last year for the vac scheme AC's they sent invites out in batches (I think to help manage the process of people signing up for dates). They could have changed it this year and it does seem odd with the bank holiday I would think they'd want to get all the responses out today but they do take on a lot of people so sending them out in batches seems reasonable. Just wanted to share because I know people often think if others have heard and they haven't then it's a rejection when it might not be. Good luck!

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Last year for the vac scheme AC's they sent invites out in batches (I think to help manage the process of people signing up for dates). They could have changed it this year and it does seem odd with the bank holiday I would think they'd want to get all the responses out today but they do take on a lot of people so sending them out in batches seems reasonable. Just wanted to share because I know people often think if others have heard and they haven't then it's a rejection when it might not be. Good luck!
    Thank you so much for this, a glimmer of hope, I was starting to get really heavy hearted, but who knows

FutureCity

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Dec 23, 2018

My belief is always until you get an official rejection, you are not rejected. I have applied for a vacation scheme in October and got the AC invite in March. It would have been so easy to get discouraged but it goes to show nothing is for certain until you get official communication.

Reactions: E.A

Tushar

Distinguished Member
    Mar 18, 2020
    But the mail read as invites will be sent no later than 8th May.
    Although I do understand your reason, as otherwise, everyone who would have got 21st May as the AC date would be at an advantage.

thecorporatelawyer

Legendary Member
    Apr 14, 2020

I really needed to read this thank you!

CalU

Jan 5, 2020
    Well done to everyone that has got an AC invite so far! Has anyone seen or heard of any rejections or has it just been invitations sent out so far by the looks of things?

Best of luck to all

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Since it's nearly 5pm I'm assuming I won't be hearing back today, perhaps tomorrow instead. I know some mentioned it being a bank holiday but the email may be automated, so I have my fingers crossed.

I was just wondering if anyone had received an AC offer after the initial 'batch'?

Congrats to everyone who was successful so far, I have no doubt that you all deserved it!

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019
    Since it's nearly 5pm I'm assuming I won't be hearing back today, perhaps tomorrow instead. I know some mentioned it being a bank holiday but the email may be automated, so I have my fingers crossed.

I was just wondering if anyone had received an AC offer after the initial 'batch'?

Congrats to everyone who was successful so far, I have no doubt that you all deserved it!
    I agree, we'll probably hear back tomorrow then. I have still not heard anything from them!

Changes

Legendary Member
    Jan 7, 2020
    The email said they’d notify if successful by the 8th at the latest, so I think it’s fair to assume that anyone that hasn’t heard wasn’t successful.

On to the next one...

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    It’s the 8th today, so fingers crossed that’s not the case, as was mentioned before you haven’t been rejected until you’ve received a rejection. Personally I won’t be completely disheartened until it gets to 5pm!

might be a little optimistic but oh well!

Changes

Legendary Member
    Jan 7, 2020
    It doesn’t say ‘if successful’ it says ‘whether you have been successful’. They wouldn’t do a silent PFO.

I was paraphrasing. But it doesn’t say “whether or not...”

Not saying they’re silently rejecting, those will follow later I imagine. It’s a bank holiday now.

I’m not meaning to be negative but you have to be realistic and I imagine a lot of people will be thinking about it all weekend. More productive to crack on.

Last edited:

Demna87

Distinguished Member
    Aug 23, 2018
    I was paraphrasing. But it doesn’t say “whether or not...”

Not saying they’re silently rejecting, those will follow later I imagine. It’s a bank holiday now.
    Nah I don’t think it’s reasonable to leave a comment on here telling people if they haven’t heard that they’ve been rejected when that assumption is based only on your personal interpretation.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.