DLA Piper Application

• Thread starter Deleted member 2707
  • Start date

KerC14

Valued Member
Jan 26, 2020
I'm wondering how they decide who gets to the AC, like is the commercial question and the WG evenly weighted, cos if it was decided based on WG then they must already know if we've met their bench mark or not :/

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    I'm wondering how they decide who gets to the AC, like is the commercial question and the WG evenly weighted, cos if it was decided based on WG then they must already know if we've met their bench mark or not :/
    Yeh I feel like we would have had a rejection by now if we'd failed the WG. A lot of it is probably the CV!

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    My theory is that I am on the maybe pile :D
    I am thinking the same thing. Hate waiting!
    Waiting Patiently GIF by General Hospital

Reactions: Bonolaw and castrooo

H.N.

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 22
    Jul 28, 2020
    Just from my experience with the firm, they do have a benchmark for the WG but a lot of their decision-making is based on the CV and commercial question. As great a firm they are, for rolling basis they are regretfully slow in updating people as to progress! (Until after AC where they make the decisions same-day and on the scheme itself where they take a week!) Best of luck to all still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: Haz
    I'm also still waiting for a reply and I sent in my application on the 15/10 so it's been quite a while! My application was updated on the 30/12...

Edit: I sent in an email this morning and they sent me a copy of an email they sent on the 30/12 with a PFO so its probably worth checking with them! I have been checking my junk regularly so there must have been some other filtering system that has filtered it out...

Last edited:

NikkiT

Legendary Member
    Oct 2, 2020
    I'm also still waiting for a reply and I sent in my application on the 15/10 so it's been quite a while! My application was updated on the 30/12...

Edit: I sent in an email this morning and they sent me a copy of an email they sent on the 30/12 with a PFO so its probably worth checking with them! I have been checking my junk regularly so there must have been some other filtering system that has filtered it out...

Does this mean we should have received a response on the day our applications were updated? I am still waiting to hear back! Thinking about emailing too.

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020

Not promising news... But thanks for the info! Sorry about the PFO 😖

KerC14

Valued Member
    Jan 26, 2020

Sorry to hear that! I assumed the portal would keep a record of emails like Apply4Law, might email them this week as well

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.