DWF VI

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
Good point. And I wonder how many replied to say they couldn’t start Aug 2021, which would reduce the numbers further
Exactly I think if people couldn’t start august 2021 it might be rare I think dwf would of offered that to people that have completed their LPC or are paralegals at the firm who have also completed the LPC? I think paralegals also go through the same stages as external candidates(but I could be wrong)

Reactions: karinny

karinny

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 17, 2021
    How come?

Also, I haven't heard back so I'm guessing I must have been unsuccessful, as I know someone else who has also received the email that they got through.
    I formally accepted an offer from another firm this week, so I will be emailing DWF to let them know in case someone else could be given my spot!

My email provided 'Please note that if you are receiving this email, we would like to consider your application for a training contract to commence in September 2021.' so if you're being considered for another year they might be sending emails out later? No news is good news!!!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I formally accepted an offer from another firm this week, so I will be emailing DWF to let them know in case someone else could be given my spot!

My email provided 'Please note that if you are receiving this email, we would like to consider your application for a training contract to commence in September 2021.' so if you're being considered for another year they might be sending emails out later? No news is good news!!!
    Email them now - the more notice you can give them, the more likely they will be to give the slot to someone else

• ℹ️
    Reactions: golden99 and karinny

xvcardell

Jan 15, 2021

Congrats on both your TC offer and DWF next stage!! I wanted to ask re commencing in September 2021 that is just a few short weeks away (almost not achievable with notice periods in some cases). Do you know if they would still consider you for a 2022/2023 TC if you are unable to start in September 2021?

Reactions: karinny

karinny

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 17, 2021
    Congrats on both your TC offer and DWF next stage!! I wanted to ask re commencing in September 2021 that is just a few short weeks away (almost not achievable with notice periods in some cases). Do you know if they would still consider you for a 2022/2023 TC if you are unable to start in September 2021?
    Thank you so much! ^^

For the September start date, I do believe I could have started later if I wanted, provided I discuss it with them as early as possible.

So when I was invited to the VI they said 'If you are unable to make this start date, please inform [email protected] at the earliest opportunity as we may not have any suitable vacancies for you' and for this meet the leaders stage they also said 'Please note that if you are receiving this email, we would like to consider your application for a training contract to commence in September 2021. If you would like to discuss this further or you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to be in touch with a member of the Emerging Talent team by emailing [email protected]. '

But I'm not 100% sure as I never did email them enquiring that I wanted to start later, but it could have been a possibility!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    DWF TC offer!! 😭🥳
    Amazing news - congratulations!

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

• Love
    Reactions: CJCH

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.