Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey, has anyone done a video interview for DWF previously received extra time? I have been told I will receive extra preparation time, but I am unsure exactly how much extra preparation time they will give?
This should be dependent on the extra time you have asked for. This will be different based on the reasonable adjustments you specifically have requested. The firm can’t make that decision for you, that information needs to come from you as an applicant.

The most common request is 25% extra time, but this is because this is the most common adjustment suggested by psychologists at the point of diagnosis.

golden99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
This should be dependent on the extra time you have asked for. This will be different based on the reasonable adjustments you specifically have requested. The firm can’t make that decision for you, that information needs to come from you as an applicant.

The most common request is 25% extra time, but this is because this is the most common adjustment suggested by psychologists at the point of diagnosis.
Thanks, Jessica!

karinny

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 17, 2021
    Is 16 August when the first AC takes place?
    I believe @mission impossible mentioned 16th August as the 2021 TC start date.

My VI email invite said 'Please note that your application is being considered for an August 2021 start date (16 August 2021). If you are unable to make this start date, please inform [email protected] at the earliest opportunity as we may not have any suitable vacancies for you'

I am curious how soon their AC will be, if their TC start is so soon, taking into account pre-employment checks and seat choices etc 😭

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

My VI email invite said 'Please note that your application is being considered for an August 2021 start date (16 August 2021). If you are unable to make this start date, please inform [email protected] at the earliest opportunity as we may not have any suitable vacancies for you'

I am curious how soon their AC will be, if their TC start is so soon, taking into account pre-employment checks and seat choices etc 😭
    Employment checks for law firms can be fairly light touch compared to other industries. They are leaving that late though! Three weeks is not a long time, especially at this time of year when a lot of people are on holiday!

Reactions: karinny

golden99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 1, 2021

I’d imagine you guys will be fast tracked (Just a best guess). But I don’t get the bit about no suitable vacancies, as surely they’d put you into the 2023 otherwise

Reactions: karinny

MLF

Valued Member
  • Mar 15, 2021

Ha of course, thank you for the clarification!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hey, has anyone done a video interview for DWF previously received extra time? I have been told I will receive extra preparation time, but I am unsure exactly how much extra preparation time they will give?
    You should be telling them what time you need based on the adjustments you require.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.