DWF VI

bananak

Sep 9, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have been invited to DWF VI. Does anyone have any advice/tips on how to prepare for the DWF VI and what type of questions to expect?

I'm not very experienced with VIs, all help is welcome and appreciated :)) x

Thank you in advance

SOAS22

Esteemed Member
  • Nov 26, 2021
    Hi everyone,

I have been invited to DWF VI. Does anyone have any advice/tips on how to prepare for the DWF VI and what type of questions to expect?

I'm not very experienced with VIs, all help is welcome and appreciated :)) x

Thank you in advance

Hi. Congratulations on getting through to the Vi. For my DWF VI I am preparing for the general sort of questions, and some commercial questions. Hope yours goes well, if you haven’t done it already

• Love
    Reactions: bananak

ZS

Standard Member
    Oct 21, 2021
    Hi. Congratulations on getting through to the Vi. For my DWF VI I am preparing for the general sort of questions, and some commercial questions. Hope yours goes well, if you haven’t done it already
    Well done to both of you!

This is my 2nd application cycle and 2nd VI stage (I did SQB last week). I think it would be really good to go through your previous research you did on the firm, any recent deals the firm has completed (would be really good if you could link a certain deal to your chosen office) and general commercial questions. Oh and definitely brush up on 'why commercial law?'

Good luck. You've got this!!

• Love
    Reactions: amf2805 and bananak

SOAS22

Esteemed Member
  • Nov 26, 2021

This is my 2nd application cycle and 2nd VI stage (I did SQB last week). I think it would be really good to go through your previous research you did on the firm, any recent deals the firm has completed (would be really good if you could link a certain deal to your chosen office) and general commercial questions. Oh and definitely brush up on 'why commercial law?'

Thank you so much :)

bananak

Sep 9, 2021

Thank you very much!

RSLAW

Feb 1, 2023

Hi I received confirmation of completing a VI by next. Are the VI questions the same the second time round as they were the first? Thanks, I hope it all went well!

It has been a while since I did my DWF VI so my memories a little rusty

But I think it was 1:30 seconds of speaking / 30 seconds thinking time - I am not sure if it was 30 seconds or 1 minute thinking time (this could have all changed by now).

Focus on competency questions why DWF / why you / tell me when you demonstrated X type questions.

I remember they had one about diversity - why it is important to a law firm / why it is important to them.

I would also prep a news story - not sure if they asked it but just in case.

Also prep why is ESG important now - didnt get asked this but always good to have in the back pocket - link to insurance companies signing up to paris agreement and how it is important to DWFs clients etc.

Hope this helps - best of luck!

Reactions: RSLAW

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.