Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    It fluctuates a lot - I know of one student who has heard back from Jones Day already. Everyone else I know is still waiting.

Gloglo

Standard Member
    Oct 30, 2018
    Heard back from BCLP and have been invited to an AC. Does anyone have any tips for this?

I was rejected by Jones Day on Sunday and I am still waiting to hear back from White&Case, Norton Rose and Travers Smith.

Reactions: Salma and Sandrou

gricole

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    Heard back from BCLP and have been invited to an AC. Does anyone have any tips for this?

I was rejected by Jones Day on Sunday and I am still waiting to hear back from White&Case, Norton Rose and Travers Smith.

Did you go to an interview?

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018

Sorry to hear - good luck for BCLP. It's the usual - drafting exercise, group exercise, partner interview in a role play and some competency questions. Take a role in the group task but make sure you listen to the others. Watch your time. Good luck.

Last edited:
    • 🏆
    Reactions: yanerlim and Jaysen

Abstruser

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Jul 19, 2018
    Exactly but no idea how many they’ve held or will hold
    Possibly too late a response to be of any use, but last year I attended an AC at HSF and was informed by grad rec that there is no limit to the number of ACs they hold - they continue interviewing candidates until they fill up spots, so they can afford to be picky. I was interviewed in mid-Nov for a spring VS, but there was a candidate in my group interviewing for a winter VS (which she eventually secured). Hope that helps!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Sandrou, Salma and Hazal

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    The video interview- I think you implied in your comment that you completed it? I was just wondering if you had any tips- I will probably sit it in the next day or two.

Yes I completed it two weeks, on the top of my head, the VI consisted of five questions:

1. Tell me about yourself
    2. A favourite business you admire and talk about why you admire it, the opportunities and risks for the business
    3. A question relating to ambition or colleagity and how you have demonstrated it l/the importance of it
    4. A question relating to challenge/ how do you challenge people and would you feel comfortable doing so?
    5. Why are you interested in law and what will you be doing as a trainee solicitor day to day

You have 30 secs to prepare and 1 minute, 30 seconds to answer the question

I hope the above helps somehow! Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.