Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

CF

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018
Has anyone been invited to Mayer Brown AC? if so, if you wouldn't mind, are you able to share your VR test results? I thought my results were good but got a rejection.

Hi, I passed the VR tests and I got through to the telephone interview next week. As with @Naomi, my scores were a mixture of above average and average. I found the tests hard, so I was surprised to even get through to the next stage!

Mimi

Star Member
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2018
Congratulations! Heard there are only 2 questions (one on why K&E and the other one on competencies).
I'm still waiting for an answer, can you tell me when you applied?

Thanks so much Kim! I applied a few hours before the deadline and received the invite this afternoon.

Selina

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I got one too and I applied on Sunday (deadline day). Does anyone know how long the speaking time for each question is going to be?

Thanks so much Kim! I applied a few hours before the deadline and received the invite this afternoon.

Ah I applied just before the deadline but haven't heard back yet - they've been pretty speedy! Interesting that it's only 2 questions for a 15-20 minute interview... how long do they ask you to speak for for each question?

Ife

Nov 7, 2018
Hi, I passed the VR tests and I got through to the telephone interview next week. As with @Naomi, my scores were a mixture of above average and average. I found the tests hard, so I was surprised to even get through to the next stage!
Congratulations on getting through to the telephone interview! Do you mind me asking when you sent in your application?

Reactions: CF

CF

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018
Congratulations on getting through to the telephone interview! Do you mind me asking when you sent in your application?

Thank you! I sent my application on the December 13 and received an email about completing the online VR tests on December 20. All the best!

Reactions: Ife

AgnesG

Standard Member
Jan 2, 2019
anyone know how long linklaters take to send you the WG test?
I think you should have received the link already. I didn't receive any e-mail but saw that I had a outstanding test on the Applicant Portal. I e-mailed graduate recruitment and they sent me a new link. Best of luck.

Mohammed

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 30, 2018
If it is a competency based interview, and the questions are something along the lines of "how do you assess priorities" or "what would you do if you cannot meet a deadline" are you still required to give an example from previous experiences or is answering the question directly sufficient?

Thanks!

Mohammed

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 30, 2018
Does anyone know how long CMS take to get back to you post Video Interview?

I did the interview on the 24th December and they replied on the 3rd January. This was during Christmas and New Years so I thought it would have taken longer. So maybe 1 to 2 weeks, but since the deadline recently passed they may take longer.

Also, I originally thought I did terrible as well so it may not have gone as bad as you thought. Either way, though difficult, focus on your other applications and whatever the outcome, think how you can improve for the next ones.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    If it is a competency based interview, and the questions are something along the lines of "how do you assess priorities" or "what would you do if you cannot meet a deadline" are you still required to give an example from previous experiences or is answering the question directly sufficient?

Thanks!
    I would always give an example to be safe after initially answering the question directly solely to ensure I hit the STAR requirements of a good answer :)

Reactions: Mohammed

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    I did the interview on the 24th December and they replied on the 3rd January. This was during Christmas and New Years so I thought it would have taken longer. So maybe 1 to 2 weeks, but since the deadline recently passed they may take longer.

Also, I originally thought I did terrible as well so it may not have gone as bad as you thought. Either way, though difficult, focus on your other applications and whatever the outcome, think how you can improve for the next ones.

Thank you so much for being reassuring, I appreciate it. I just went to pieces on the first question and couldn't formulate an answer so I really doubt it will be good news. I have an AC next week so just trying to put my efforts into that now :) That seems like a quick turnaround though to be honest given the likelihood of the office being shut until the 2nd of Jan, so hopefully I will know soon. Best of luck with your applications :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.