Herbert Smith Freehills App

U98

Nov 15, 2019
Just received a rejection for the Spring VC! So confused and sad, I took the assessment this morning and received an email an hour later saying I had met the threshold - I expected to hear back much later but heard back 40 mins ago...which seems weirdly quick. I attended their open day in November and really liked the firm.

• 🤝
Reactions: ANM, OB, syw and 14 others

JoNo

Legendary Member
Jan 28, 2019
Just received a rejection for the Spring VC! So confused and sad, I took the assessment this morning and received an email an hour later saying I had met the threshold - I expected to hear back much later but heard back 40 mins ago...which seems weirdly quick. I attended their open day in November and really liked the firm.
Sorry to hear, may I ask when you applied? And wishing you the best of luck with your other apps, you got this! :)

Reactions: Zaynah

Zaynah

Oct 13, 2018
That is surprisingly quick. You might have missed the deadline to complete the assessments? That’s all I can think of. I applied on the deadline and I received an email from HSF saying I had to complete the tests by Sunday 14th 23:59.

user254

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2020
    Just got a PFO for the spring VS. For others that were rejected is this the email you received?

I am afraid that we are unable to take your application further. As I am sure you know, the competition for places is intense. There are many more high calibre applicants than we can accommodate and you should not be unduly discouraged.

• 🤝
    • 📥
    Reactions: Nomes24, Zaynah, OB and 5 others

PP27

Distinguished Member
    Oct 11, 2019
    Just got a PFO for the spring VS. For others that were rejected is this the email you received?

I am afraid that we are unable to take your application further. As I am sure you know, the competition for places is intense. There are many more high calibre applicants than we can accommodate and you should not be unduly discouraged.
    Yep mine said the same

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019

Yep got the same!

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    Anyone heard anything back about the summer scheme?

I think they're recruiting for Spring atm so you may not hear back until they've wrapped up that applicant pool.

I applied for Spring, passed the test and haven't heard back yet. Checked the portal too and nothing has updated there apart from "Application under Review" ://////

Reactions: Zaynah

H S

Distinguished Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    I think they're recruiting for Spring atm so you may not hear back until they've wrapped up that applicant pool.

I applied for Spring, passed the test and haven't heard back yet. Checked the portal too and nothing has updated there apart from "Application under Review" ://////

Am I right in saying that all applicants could apply for either Spring or Summer? I.e. it wasn't that Spring is for graduates and Summer undergrads, etc.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.