HSF campus ambassador 24/25

laurenh

Standard Member
May 24, 2024
Hi everyone,
I applied for the Herbert Smith Freehills campus ambassador position for next year. I applied March 31st, and got an email in early April that I met the benchmark for the online exam. However, it is end of May and I have not heard back about next steps/application updates. Has anyone else heard back or waiting like me?

annalise.joyn

Standard Member
May 26, 2024
Hi everyone,
I applied for the Herbert Smith Freehills campus ambassador position for next year. I applied March 31st, and got an email in early April that I met the benchmark for the online exam. However, it is end of May and I have not heard back about next steps/application updates. Has anyone else heard back or waiting like me?
hey, I also applied but had an interview last week and now I am waiting for a response for my interview.

annalise.joyn

Standard Member
May 26, 2024
it was a 30 minute interview, and mostly competency questions! what campus did you apply for?

also, I would say it is more than okay for you to email and ask for updates since its crazy they left it this long to provide you with more details, also if you go on your application on HSFs job site, then sometimes they provide more info there x

kokoprep

Standard Member
Premium Member
Nov 18, 2023
Hi - I would really appreciate if you could share your insights on the online test by HSF, what does it look like, is it timed? What are the kind of questions? Congratulations on meeting the benchmark. I hope you hear back positively soon!

laurenh

Standard Member
May 24, 2024
Yeah of course! it was divided into 3 sections. The first part was a situational judgement test, they give you a scenario and you have to pick the best and worst response. I can't remember the second part tbh, but the last section was a personality test. It wasn't technically timed but they recommend you take 25 minutes. They record your time and take it into account as part of passing it or not.

laurenh

Standard Member
May 24, 2024
Ugh no idea what's taking so long- I'll give them Monday and if not I might email them Tuesday so that I know whether I need to prepare for an interview still lol. If I email them again I'll lyk what they say!

annalise.joyn

Standard Member
May 26, 2024
Ugh no idea what's taking so long- I'll give them Monday and if not I might email them Tuesday so that I know whether I need to prepare for an interview still lol. If I email them again I'll lyk what they say!
For real! Yesss, please do let me know what they say and should they happen to reply to me first, I will let you know too!!!!!

tinypear

• Mar 24, 2024
    Hey all! I also applied for Campus Ambassador for Uni of Southampton, I had my interview last week but haven't heard anything yet either. Hopefully we all hear back on Monday. If anyone emails them to chase, please do let us know what they say!

annalise.joyn

Standard Member
    May 26, 2024
    Hey all! I also applied for Campus Ambassador for Uni of Southampton, I had my interview last week but haven't heard anything yet either. Hopefully we all hear back on Monday. If anyone emails them to chase, please do let us know what they say!
    hey, I'm not 100% sure if there's two campus ambassador's per uni but I did see maybe 10 people get offers on Friday, and one of them was for Southampton and ucl which is my campus :(

so i'm kind of preparing myself for rejection, just thought you'd like to know if you were anything like me and anxiously waiting.

tinypear

• Mar 24, 2024
    hey, I'm not 100% sure if there's two campus ambassador's per uni but I did see maybe 10 people get offers on Friday, and one of them was for Southampton and ucl which is my campus :(

so i'm kind of preparing myself for rejection, just thought you'd like to know if you were anything like me and anxiously waiting.
    Ahh noo I actually saw this just now :( I think there's only one per campus. Thank you for letting me know, hopefully we are successful on other applications! Best of luck to everyone else!!

laurenh

Standard Member
    May 24, 2024
    I assume if i haven't even heard back about an interview its not looking good lol. I do find it a bit odd I didn't even get a rejection letter though, it feels a bit like they just forgot about me. But good look everyone else!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.