Interview on Rolling Basis

zxnya

Junior Lawyer
Oct 10, 2019
Hello,

I have an interview coming up for a winter scheme at a firm that recruits on a rolling basis. I selected the last interview slot available and I was wondering if I have hindered my chances by doing this? I originally did this so I had maximum time to prepare, but now I am worried that I will be competing for a few spots left on the scheme. Do you guys recommend emailing to amend the slot or sticking with the time?

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
It might not be the last interview slot, just the last interview slot that was available to you.

I’d just stick to the date now. You don’t really want to mess them around.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hello,

I have an interview coming up for a winter scheme at a firm that recruits on a rolling basis. I selected the last interview slot available and I was wondering if I have hindered my chances by doing this? I originally did this so I had maximum time to prepare, but now I am worried that I will be competing for a few spots left on the scheme. Do you guys recommend emailing to amend the slot or sticking with the time?

Thanks!
Hi! To reassure you, so many firms release slots in batches so it could well mean you are one of the earliest! Worrying about things like this will also only add to the pressure you already will be putting on yourself. I used to do this a lot myself but unless you have it verified by HR it is virtually impossible to know how your chances might fare in terms of how many people they have interviewed etc, especially this early on in the cycle. Definitely stick with the slot - if there are not any earlier it is because they are at capacity for those dates or they are not interviewing until your date.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.