Mayer Brown Tests

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
Hi anyone who has done a Mayer Brown interview: I booked my slot (for late today) and received a confirmation email of that but have had nothing since from Graduate Recruitment. Am I correct to assume that it's a phone interview and they will call me at the slot, or is there anything else I need to do? Did anyone get anything different from them?

NK

Distinguished Member
Jul 28, 2020
Hi anyone who has done a Mayer Brown interview: I booked my slot (for late today) and received a confirmation email of that but have had nothing since from Graduate Recruitment. Am I correct to assume that it's a phone interview and they will call me at the slot, or is there anything else I need to do? Did anyone get anything different from them?
Hey, I just did my phone interview and they just give you a call at the time you requested for the interview. You won’t have to do anything else. Good luck!

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
Hey, I just did my phone interview and they just give you a call at the time you requested for the interview. You won’t have to do anything else. Good luck!

Thank you so much, made me much more relaxed! This must be the first actual phone call I’ve had in a year, was worried they might have meant Teams or something instead :D and no calendar invite!

Whew thanks

• 🤝
Reactions: NK

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Hi all!

Had my phone interview earlier today.

Here's some insight:
  • No prep required - I wasn't asked any competency questions (name a time when you X) nor motivational questions (why Mayer Brown).
  • They genuinely just want to know your honest answer to strength-based scenarios/questions. It speaks to you more as a person and your experiences from ECs, PoRs, work experience.
  • You're actually marked down if you seem like you've over-rehearsed so there's a fine line between providing evidence and providing STAR level evidence (with the latter being something you shouldn't do).
  • It's a very relaxed / chilled out interview. Feels like you're having a chat rather than you're in an interview (as cliche as that is, this actually is very much that).

Overall, it's an interview that's quite difficult to gauge whether you've done well on it or not. I don't feel like I bombed it but I don't feel like I smashed it, if ygm?

They said that they'll get back to interviewees "as soon as possible".

Hope this helps and good luck!

NK

Distinguished Member
Jul 28, 2020
Hi all!

Had my phone interview earlier today.

Here's some insight:
  • No prep required - I wasn't asked any competency questions (name a time when you X) nor motivational questions (why Mayer Brown).
  • They genuinely just want to know your honest answer to strength-based scenarios/questions. It speaks to you more as a person and your experiences from ECs, PoRs, work experience.
  • You're actually marked down if you seem like you've over-rehearsed so there's a fine line between providing evidence and providing STAR level evidence.
  • It's a very relaxed / chilled out interview. Feels like you're having a chat rather than you're in an interview (as cliche as that is, this actually is very much that).

Overall, it's an interview that's quite difficult to gauge whether you've done well on it or not. I don't feel like I bombed it but I don't feel like I smashed it, if ygm?

They said that they'll get back to interviewees "as soon as possible".

Hope this helps and good luck!
I felt exactly the same after my interview - couldn’t quite tell if I aced it or did badly haha. In hindsight, I wish I expanded further on some of the examples I provided but was worried I’d waffle and not answer the question properly. Did you bring in past examples of ECs and work experience into your answers or not really?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.