TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
I got 96% of FF WG, is that good. Cuz I heard that sometimes when you score high, you also may get rejected.
It is a very good score, but it isn’t just the WG result that gets you to the next stage. For other firms I have scored 97 and 98 and not progressed any further than WG…

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I got 96% of FF WG, is that good. Cuz I heard that sometimes when you score high, you also may get rejected.
It’s unlikely you will get rejected if the FF WG result was looked at in isolation. But I suspect it isn’t. When I was there, they used to add the test score to the application and they were reviewed together, so your application could be unsuccessful based on the content of your application rather than the test score.

There would be absolutely no logic in rejecting someone just because they had a 90+ percentile ranking.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Asil Ahmad
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.