TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denver

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 20, 2020
Lool it was those 3 questions which threw me off completely. I knew i messed up the WG after that part.
me too. I wanna know what the correct answers would've been tho. all I remember is:
'all radicals are minority party members. no patriots are radical.'

statement: no patriot is a minority party member.

does that follow yes to no?

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
me too. I wanna know what the correct answers would've been tho. all I remember is:
'all radicals are minority party members. no patriots are radical.'

statement: no patriot is a minority party member.

does that follow yes to no?
I found the answers in reddit after the test but idk if its accurate:

"18 - Follows as some are but not all 19 - Doesnt follow - all radicals are in minor parties but minor parties aren’t all radicals 20 - Doesn’t follow"

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Hello @Jessica Booker hope you are well. Just wanted to ask you, is it common for applicants to have different questions for the WG test? I remember my WG questions and my deductions section looked nothing like the one that is being discussed above. Would love your inputs since it is kind of weird for me to think how the firm could arrive at a percentile if they had different questions for the applicants. Thanks.

Reactions: M0M007

Denver

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 20, 2020
Hello @Jessica Booker hope you are well. Just wanted to ask you, is it common for applicants to have different questions for the WG test? I remember my WG questions and my deductions section looked nothing like the one that is being discussed above. Would love your inputs since it is kind of weird for me to think how the firm could arrive at a percentile if they had different questions for the applicants. Thanks.
as far as I am aware, all test centres have different questions/ test variations. If it was the same test questions for all, the questions could easily be shared amongst friend groups/ the internet

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
as far as I am aware, all test centres have different questions/ test variations. If it was the same test questions for all, the questions could easily be shared amongst friend groups/ the internet
I get your point but then how do they calculate a percentile given that some questions on your test could have been tougher/easier than mine. Just curious.

Denver

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 20, 2020
I get your point but then how do they calculate a percentile given that some questions on your test could have been tougher/easier than mine. Just curious.
theoretically, I think they should be the same in difficulty. WG questions are split into easy to difficult and I presume the same number of difficult/easy questions are being asked, but not the same questions. I found that in practice, some topics are just easier for me, regardless of how difficult the question is.

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
theoretically, I think they should be the same in difficulty. WG questions are split into easy to difficult and I presume the same number of difficult/easy questions are being asked, but not the same questions. I found that in practice, some topics are just easier for me, regardless of how difficult the question is.
sounds convincing. thanks

Reactions: Denver

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
weird that I didn't have these questions on my test, my deductions section was different
Tests are randomised. People can get some of the same questions, but they come from a randomised question bank which means not everyone would have the same set of questions, even if you do the same test for the same firm in the same recruitment cycle.

• ℹ️
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
Bakers VI invite!!! would greatly appreciate any advice on how to prepare, what sorts of questions come up, etc PLEASEE! so nervous and not sure how to prepare/what to expect so any tips would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.