TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilia

Esteemed Member
Feb 19, 2023
After being unsuccessful in securing a vacation scheme this summer I’m joining this thread as I’ve applied and am applying to a few direct TC’s for 2025.

Has anyone applied to Withers, Collyer Bristow, Farrer & Co, and Shoosmiths?

Also I applied to withers on Sunday and recieved an invite to the strengths based online assessment today. Does everyone who applies for their TC get through to this stage automatically?

Mike Wazaoski

Valued Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2018
Bakers VI invite!!! would greatly appreciate any advice on how to prepare, what sorts of questions come up, etc PLEASEE! so nervous and not sure how to prepare/what to expect so any tips would be appreciated
Congratulations! Did you enquire about what your WG score was that met the cut off? I am curious to know even though I understand the benchmark can change every year. Regarding video interview, I came across this thread which could be useful for you: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/baker-mckenzie-video-interview.1378/

Reactions: Jedward87

islasorna

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 29, 2023
Does anyone know if firms will invite more candidates to a virtual AC than there are places available? I got an invited over a week ago when there were two dates to choose from - the email said if nothing suited then to wait because they would release more dates in the coming days, but they haven't and now both of those dates are booked up. I've tried emailing their graduate recruitment team to no avail!

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    Does anyone know if Ashurst usually take this long to get back to you? Will they send an official rejection or shall I treat the silence as a rejection?
    Hi - I'm in the same boat. Last week, I logged into the portal and next to "Application Status" it said "Inbox"; now, the word "inbox" has disappeared. What's next to the status for you?

Also, does anyone have any insight on what this could mean?

Aliceczernia

Distinguished Member
    Apr 28, 2023
    Hi - I'm in the same boat. Last week, I logged into the portal and next to "Application Status" it said "Inbox"; now, the word "inbox" has disappeared. What's next to the status for you?

Also, does anyone have any insight on what this could mean?
    I’ve never had inbox on my application status, so I’m really not sure.

Hopefully someone can shine further light on the wait…

• 🤝
    Reactions: Phoebe123451

Lawyerscup

May 21, 2022
    I saw someone post on LinkedIn that they received a TC offer from CC today. Did applications re-open since I thought interviews were held in Jan and Feb? Would appreciate if anyone has insight

Last edited:

LawInTheNorth

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2022
    I saw someone post on LinkedIn that they received a TC offer from CC today. Did applications re-open since I thought interviews were held in Jan and Feb? Would appreciate if anyone has insight
    They definitely didn’t re-open as I’m sure we would’ve known about it. Most likely that they got offered a TC during the ACs that were held end of Jan and they have only just accepted it now! :)

Reactions: Lawyerscup
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.