TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawInTheNorth

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2022
Completely bombed my Baker McKenzie VI - no chance you could have prepared for those questions.

Very annoying when you spend so much time drafting an app, passing WG and then in 15min mess up your entire application.
The questions must’ve still been based on the firm? Or were they really completely out of the blue?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I was wondering as well @Jessica Booker do you know by any chance? Thank you
I don’t think there is a set response to this as both approaches can work. I think there is balance though. Just providing one theme is probably more risky while listing too many things will not show the depth of analysis usually required. So I would suggest aiming for multiple points but only 2-3 of them.

Reactions: Lawyerscup

rocknr

Standard Member
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2023
Does anyone know what the exact ddl is for BM VI? I received the VI invitation on 2nd May 3pm, and it says that the link remains live for 7 days. So does that mean the ddl is 9th May at 3pm as well, or today? Thanks in advance!

Emilia

Esteemed Member
Feb 19, 2023
also received an invitation to interview from Withers ! I'm studying abroad so not available for any of the dates they've given me so I hope they will be flexible either allowing for virtual interview or offering different dates 🤞
Congratulations! Is this for Withers direct TC application? Also when did you get through to the online tests and then hear back about the invitation to interview? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Cryingtiger

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
Just did the questions for the Bakers VI - I prepared 50 questions with full answers and not a single one was on the VI.

Genuinely don't understand the logic behind these questions. And I was sceptical reading the previous replies, but you really cant prepare for them.
Does that mean there are no motivation questions like why commercial Law etc ? Just curious i didnt pass WG Btw just wanted to know for future reference.

Reactions: Denver

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
Hi Guys ! I am sharing my list of firms to apply for direct TC. Does anyone can give insight about which firms recruit a good portion from direct TC, and worth focusing on its application. This will be helpful
Ashurst (TC 31/03) (Done)
Goodwin (TC 31/05) (Done)
BCLP (TC 31/05)
Dentons (TC 15/06) Rolling
Eversheds Sutherland (TC 25/06) Non rolling
Fried Frank (TC 30/06) Rolling
Vinson & Elkins (TC 30/06) Non-rolling (No need to apply)
Withers (TC 30/06)
Kirkland & Ellis (TC 02/07)
Watson Farely & Williams (TC 03/07) (Rolling)
Freshfields (TC 07/07) (Non-rolling)
Norton Rose Fulbright (TC 09/07) (Non-rolling)
Sullivan & Cromwell (TC 14/07)
White & Case (TC 16/07)
Weil Gotshal & Manges (TC 31/07)
Cleary Gottlieb (TC 31/07)
Travers Smith (TC 31/08)

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    Hi Guys ! I am sharing my list of firms to apply for direct TC. Does anyone can give insight about which firms recruit a good portion from direct TC, and worth focusing on its application. This will be helpful
    Ashurst (TC 31/03) (Done)
    Goodwin (TC 31/05) (Done)
    BCLP (TC 31/05)
    Dentons (TC 15/06) Rolling
    Eversheds Sutherland (TC 25/06) Non rolling
    Fried Frank (TC 30/06) Rolling
    Vinson & Elkins (TC 30/06) Non-rolling (No need to apply)
    Withers (TC 30/06)
    Kirkland & Ellis (TC 02/07)
    Watson Farely & Williams (TC 03/07) (Rolling)
    Freshfields (TC 07/07) (Non-rolling)
    Norton Rose Fulbright (TC 09/07) (Non-rolling)
    Sullivan & Cromwell (TC 14/07)
    White & Case (TC 16/07)
    Weil Gotshal & Manges (TC 31/07)
    Cleary Gottlieb (TC 31/07)
    Travers Smith (TC 31/08)
    Hey! sorry - I haven't looked up the proportion of direct TC offers for firms yet; I notice that you applied to Ashurst and I'm wondering if you have heard back? Thanks!!

Reactions: Aliceczernia
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.