Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Heard back just a few mins ago for the 2024 trowers TC lmao, rejected for the TC but the email said they were "impressed by my application and want me to apply to the 2023 vac scheme" - is this just a generic response they dish out? I assume it is.
I don’t think it’s generic and sent out to everyone.

It may have been sent to a significant number of people, but there is no logic in encouraging people to apply for another opportunity if they didn’t think you’d be in a good chance of being successful next time.

Reactions: okital42

samni

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 2, 2020
I have a partner interview on Monday but no-one has yet been in touch to confirm the time. Would it be pushy to call/email or should I just hang tight to see if they confirm by COB? I know this shouldn't be a massive deal but I haven't had a reply to my other email either so am unsure if there's some kind of miscommunication that I need to sort before Monday

@Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I have a partner interview on Monday but no-one has yet been in touch to confirm the time. Would it be pushy to call/email or should I just hang tight to see if they confirm by COB? I know this shouldn't be a massive deal but I haven't had a reply to my other email either so am unsure if there's some kind of miscommunication that I need to sort before Monday

@Jessica Booker
I would call. An email has no guarantee of being replied to. It’s not pushy - I would expect someone to be chasing if this wasn’t confirmed as such a late stage.

gigglingsquid

Oct 30, 2021

@Jessica Booker

They'll let you know by the end of the day. I just called them too and they're just finalising some last bits.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I haven't applied for Freshfields before, however, on the forum, there have been a lot of posts regarding a template or form for the personal statement, is this still required?

The application is now on workday, and I cannot seem to find a template for the personal statement in the graduate careers section...

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I haven't applied for Freshfields before, however, on the forum, there have been a lot of posts regarding a template or form for the personal statement, is this still required?

The application is now on workday, and I cannot seem to find a template for the personal statement in the graduate careers section...
    Would really appreciate an answer on this, if anyone knows.

I have completed the application and personal statement, I am just unsure as to whether the personal statement still needs to be pasted into the template Freshfields previously provided.

TIA

elephant

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 10, 2021
    Would really appreciate an answer on this, if anyone knows.

I have completed the application and personal statement, I am just unsure as to whether the personal statement still needs to be pasted into the template Freshfields previously provided.

TIA
    Hi hi! I just typed my name and personal statement into a Word doc and submitted it along with the application form. Have been progressed to the WG stage (this is for their Asia/London TC) so I guess it should be ok not using the template.

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: Uvaia and sxw517

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    Hi hi! I just typed my name and personal statement into a Word doc and submitted it along with the application form. Have been progressed to the WG stage (this is for their Asia/London TC) so I guess it should be ok not using the template.
    Hi is that for Freshfields Winter Trainee Associate Program?

Polaranu

Star Member
    Jun 7, 2022
    Hi all, would love some advice!

I have a final partner interview tomorrow afternoon but have come down with a cold over the weekend. I feel as though I have enough energy for the interview but don’t want to pass anything on nor keep coughing/sneezing during the interview.
    I’m not sure whether to try to reschedule/ask for a virtual interview or go for the interview as planned. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all, would love some advice!

I have a final partner interview tomorrow afternoon but have come down with a cold over the weekend. I feel as though I have enough energy for the interview but don’t want to pass anything on nor keep coughing/sneezing during the interview.
    I’m not sure whether to try to reschedule/ask for a virtual interview or go for the interview as planned. Any advice would be much appreciated!
    How far do you have to travel for the interview?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Only 30minutes within the city (not far at all)
    I would call them first thing tomorrow morning and discuss it with them. Explain you are feeling ok to come in, but you are just mindful of passing the cold on and wanted to check whether on that basis they would prefer to do the interview remotely or at a later date.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.