TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shi

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Mine was slightly different: "We appreciate that this might be disappointing news, but we do have a number of open access resources which we encourage you to complete"

For reference, I did actually complete one of the virtual internships before applying and attended an in-person event.
Me too! I am not sure whether our PFOs differ because we attended the events, or do they actually sorted unsuccessful applications by strength?

CEPtk

Jul 30, 2022
Has anyone else received this from CC?

"We have reviewed your application and we thought it was very strong. Unfortunately, spaces at our assessment centres are extremely competitive.

As we think your application has great potential, we would like to put your application status on hold for now and we will be in touch the week commencing 6th February to let you know whether we would like to invite you to an assessment centre."

divaination

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 31, 2022
    Ahh hope your other applications gets accepted. Having a 99th percentile is super impressive. Do you have any advice on how i can improve my scores on the WG test? Thanks in advance!
    i got 98th so just a lil bit below lol. for me what really helped was this eplatform called graduatesfirst - use their verbal reasoning tests - they have 10. do as much as you can beforehand, and once more right before the test to keep your confidence high. speak with your uni career advisor to see if they have it. i improved 2 deciles with the platform, it's good for both improving your scores and tracking your improvement

imdeded

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2022
    Ahh hope your other applications gets accepted. Having a 99th percentile is super impressive. Do you have any advice on how i can improve my scores on the WG test? Thanks in advance!
    i think eve cornwell and simranjeet on youtube have good videos on the WG! unfortunately i dont have much advice otherwise as i dont think i did anything in particular, @divaination is much more helpful haha. i think personally WG and other aptitude tests remind me a lot of the LNAT which is why i tend to find them familiar

Reactions: Momo

lawyering

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 29, 2020
    Has anyone done the Eversheds video interview and can provide any tips Please?
    thanks!
    Hey, congrats on the VI! Sorry I haven’t done it before so don’t have many tips to share - all I know is that it is strengths-based.

May I ask when you applied, when you received the VI invite and how long you’ve been given to complete it? Thank you!

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Anyone knows when we might hear back from A&O direct TC? I applied quite late, so I'm scared they have filled up spaces by now... I thought I'd still give it a chance

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.