TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmakaWrites

Jul 28, 2022
I got 21st percentile for Linklaters WG. Am I out of the running? Funny thing is I got 75th percentile for CC TC and passed. So strange how this test is.
I got 73rd percentile for Linklaters and was big fat rejected! I think they pick names out of a hat tbh. I’ve gotten 82 for CC and passed, and 59 for HL and failed. So it really is hit or miss.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Aga123+ and Adrian_S

Momo

Esteemed Member
Nov 21, 2022
I got 73rd percentile for Linklaters and was big fat rejected! I think they pick names out of a hat tbh. I’ve gotten 82 for CC and passed, and 59 for HL and failed. So it really is hit or miss.
If you dont mind me asking, for your capp online assessment Feedback report, what were the strengths or weaknesses outlined? I dont get how Linklaters select their candidates

lawstress

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
I have a TC offer that is conditional upon receipt of a satisfactory academic reference. Does anyone know when firms generally reach out to the reference to receive this? Is it somewhere near the start date?

AmakaWrites

Jul 28, 2022
If you dont mind me asking, for your capp online assessment Feedback report, what were the strengths or weaknesses outlined? I dont get how Linklaters select their candidates
High: Excellence, Respect
Low: Leadership Preference

Like I said, names out of a hat I suspect because I have heard people with lower WG scores than me go through with similar Capp reports. It really sucks that they don't ask any other questions or even work experience, because how are we to distinguish and differentiate ourselves when it's limited to a bunch of Hypotheticals in which we MUST choose an option that we might not actually do IRL. It seems so arbitrary.

Rina

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 14, 2021
    High: Excellence, Respect
    Low: Leadership Preference

Like I said, names out of a hat I suspect because I have heard people with lower WG scores than me go through with similar Capp reports. It really sucks that they don't ask any other questions or even work experience, because how are we to distinguish and differentiate ourselves when it's limited to a bunch of Hypotheticals in which we MUST choose an option that we might not actually do IRL. It seems so arbitrary.
    If it helps, I had commercial awareness and resilience as my highest scoring attributes and leadership preference as my lowest.

FutureLawyer99

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 28, 2021
    CC application put on hold! I’ll hear during the week of Feb 8th if I’ve got a space onto the assessment centre. However, they have told me how to prepare for the assessment centre.

I can’t tell whether this is good news or bad news?

imdeded

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2022
    I think at this stage it either means rejected or selected for interview lol SO, yes in substance it doesn't mean anything 🤣 We all just want to find out
    PFO from CC!
    same! did u also get this?

We appreciate that this might be disappointing news, but we think your application was strong and we encourage you to engage with our open access resources ahead of reapplying in a future recruitment cycle (if you would like to):

Rina

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 14, 2021
    same! did u also get this?

We appreciate that this might be disappointing news, but we think your application was strong and we encourage you to engage with our open access resources ahead of reapplying in a future recruitment cycle (if you would like to):
    Mine was slightly different: "We appreciate that this might be disappointing news, but we do have a number of open access resources which we encourage you to complete"

For reference, I did actually complete one of the virtual internships before applying and attended an in-person event.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: imdeded
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.