TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkap

Star Member
Dec 8, 2022
Hi,

I need to answer the following question in my application:

"Exploring your topic in more detail, please outline the key legal issues and describe how Osborne Clarke could assist our clients in this space over the next 5 years."

I was wonder whether I should talk about how OC can help construction firms with rising costs or the impact of increased regulation of ESG in the real estate sector?

B A

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 4, 2020
Did anyone attend the 'An Evening with V&E: Energy' event on 28 November? Please DM me or like this post if you did, I just need to ask a quick question.

Last edited:

Jack_Pryor

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2021
Does anyone have any experience with Watson Farley's final interview? Any help would be much appreciated
Hi, hope you are well! Just wondering whether you have completed the video interview this year? I have an invite and so was wondering whether you could share your experience if so? Thanks!

confusedlawstudent

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 28, 2021
    For the Bristows question "Other than law, what are you passionate about?" What would be better to write about: chess or AI art? I had originally written about chess, but then I went to the IP workshop and grad rec said try to tailor this to the firm, so I was thinking about writing about AI art, which I am interested in but don't know if it seems not genuine since it is kind of niche I guess? I'm more passionate about chess, AI art is just a really big interest of mine.

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    For the Bristows question "Other than law, what are you passionate about?" What would be better to write about: chess or AI art? I had originally written about chess, but then I went to the IP workshop and grad rec said try to tailor this to the firm, so I was thinking about writing about AI art, which I am interested in but don't know if it seems not genuine since it is kind of niche I guess? I'm more passionate about chess, AI art is just a really big interest of mine.
    Did grad rec ask you to tailor your application to the firm or this particular answer? If it is the latter, which I think maybe unlikely, then talking about AI art may be more useful but you have to be careful about whether you are 'passionate' about AI art or simply interested in it. How often do you engage with AI art? What piqued your interest? How have you built your interest into a passion? If answering these answers is difficult if you choose to talk about AI art, then I would strongly encourage you to consider pivoting to an alternate topic that genuinely captures your interest and passion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.