• Practise an M&A case study with the TCLA Community. Share your answers in this thread!

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker , I just found out that in the work experience section, when I should be writing about Linklaters' open day, I accidentally wrote Freshfields for once in the job description (other than that it is all consistent with Linklaters). Will that cause a significant impact on my application, or should I flag it up?
I don't think there is any benefit in flagging it, unfortunately. How much it is seen as an error is very difficult to predict unfortunately.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
For the Clifford Chance (middle east) TC application, I know they say CVs and cover letters will not be reviewed but does anyone know if applicants have to upload academic transcripts and references in the 'additional documents' section? Just not sure what to upload in that section or what is needed...
Hi @MA98, I'm really not sure about this! My best guess is that transcripts should be fine to upload but my instinct tells me that it's best to confirm this from grad rec so that you don't end up uploading anything that isn't necessary.

Reactions: MA98

B A

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 4, 2020
Hi @Jessica Booker I applied for the Freshfields Spring 2024 TC and completed the WG over the weekend. They just sent me a rare recruitment form to fill out my a-level grades and socioeconomic background (they said this was sent late due to tech issues). Due to this delay will this put me at a disadvantage for securing a AC?

Thank you!
I got the form just now as well but received an AC invite earlier today, so it seems like everyone received it late. I wouldn't worry about it.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.