TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rina

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 14, 2021
    Anyone knows when we might hear back from A&O direct TC? I applied quite late, so I'm scared they have filled up spaces by now... I thought I'd still give it a chance
    I applied 21st November and haven't heard yet (portal hasn't been updated either). Not sure what to expect, but I do know someone who applied after me and has received an AC for Jan - not sure if that means PFO or that they're not reviewing apps in order? Who knows...

• 🤝
    Reactions: futuretrainee202X and bibss

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    I applied 11/11 and I still haven't heard so I have no idea 🤨 when did you apply?
    I applied 21st November and haven't heard yet (portal hasn't been updated either). Not sure what to expect, but I do know someone who applied after me and has received an AC for Jan - not sure if that means PFO or that they're not reviewing apps in order? Who knows...
    I applied 11/12, so very close to the deadline, hence why I don't have my hopes up...

@Rina When did your friend receive the AC invite?

Reactions: rose888

Rina

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 14, 2021
    Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Slaughter and May? They reached out to me shortly after I submitted my app (11th Nov) to ask for some further info regarding my overseas grades but I haven't heard back since (that was a month ago), though that would suggest that they have actually seen my app - not sure what to think

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Slaughter and May? They reached out to me shortly after I submitted my app (11th Nov) to ask for some further info regarding my overseas grades but I haven't heard back since (that was a month ago), though that would suggest that they have actually seen my app - not sure what to think
    That’s probably good news. I applied 22 Nov and was rejected 10 days ago. Good luck!

Reactions: Rina

jomar

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 20, 2022
    I am - applied 2025 TC on Nov 24th or something. Right before the deadline.

Reactions: Rina

DimpledHopper

Star Member
    Sep 20, 2021
    I'm just intrigued as CC ask 'why didn't you get a TC' - seems very hard to write something positive (even if you have genuinely improved), think it's a negative selection bias
    Yea I agree - the question was very direct so it's a bit tricky! I think it depends on the feedback you get after the previous VS and how you word your answer to the 'why didn't you get a TC' question.

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 25, 2020
    Hi all, has anyone else applied for a TC at HL Hogan Lovells but hasn’t yet received an invitation to complete the WG test?

I applied 9 days and still haven’t received an invitation. Has anyone applied within the past 9 days and received an invitation?

Tempted to email grad recruitment if there’s been a mistake but don’t want to jump the gun in the event that others are also waiting

Rina

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 14, 2021
    Hi all, has anyone else applied for a TC at HL Hogan Lovells but hasn’t yet received an invitation to complete the WG test?

I applied 9 days and still haven’t received an invitation. Has anyone applied within the past 9 days and received an invitation?

Tempted to email grad recruitment if there’s been a mistake but don’t want to jump the gun in the event that others are also waiting
    I applied on Sunday and am also still waiting for an invite, though I had been wondering the same thing~

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.