TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highnumberofapplicants

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 18, 2021
    How many rejections are normal if someone has applied to say 25 law firms? Do good applications get 5+ shortlist for ACs?
    I’m asking because I want to know if anyone has received shortlists after making changes to their application post rejections the year prior— to show that the changes did help get the shortlists and it wasn’t purely luck.
    It really depends if I’m being honest. Last year, I made 12 applications and had one AC, which I failed. This year I’ve made 25 applications and have 4 ACs so far, with one offer and one rejection. But some of the ACs are from places that rejected me last year. So I think it really is about identifying your firms, filling in the best applications for your target firms and also probably widening your net a bit to firms where you think you might have a shot but aren’t necessarily an exact match with what you want

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Thoughts on applying to a firm where I rejected an open day invite? It was an application-based invite, and I was lucky to receive it (only 15-20 were invited), but I couldn't attend at the last minute due to personal circumstances. I did email the firm to tell them this at the time. Is there any point in applying for a TC with the firm when I rejected the open day invite? @Jessica Booker any thoughts on this would be great :) TIA

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    Thoughts on applying to a firm where I rejected an open day invite? It was an application-based invite, and I was lucky to receive it (only 15-20 were invited), but I couldn't attend at the last minute due to personal circumstances. I did email the firm to tell them this at the time. Is there any point in applying for a TC with the firm when I rejected the open day invite? @Jessica Booker any thoughts on this would be great :) TIA
    I no showed with skadden with a days notice and was invited to TI.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.