TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

commerciallawyer2910

Esteemed Member
Dec 7, 2022
I told the HR at Slaughter that I need to respond to another offer by 17th February so it would be great if they could expedite reviewing my application. They said okay they would get back to me ASAP - this was 10 days ago. :(
Oh gosh that’s so stressful! I would give them another ring, they are nice about it and I’m sure they’d understand your worries!

Reactions: Cambam15

LL

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 22, 2021
I applied to Linklater's China-London TC and was invited to an interview to test my mandarin skills, but I don't really know what to expect or how to prepare. Has anyone else attended this, or anything similar? I'm unsure whether it is an actual language test, or a normal HR/competency interview conducted in mandarin.

Any insight would be appreciated! (@Jessica Booker not sure if you have any knowledge on how these international TC interviews operate?). Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I applied to Linklater's China-London TC and was invited to an interview to test my mandarin skills, but I don't really know what to expect or how to prepare. Has anyone else attended this, or anything similar? I'm unsure whether it is an actual language test, or a normal HR/competency interview conducted in mandarin.

Any insight would be appreciated! (@Jessica Booker not sure if you have any knowledge on how these international TC interviews operate?). Thanks!
I do, but not specifically for Linklaters. Firms tend to either have a written assessment or some of the interview questions will be in the local language as well as English.

Reactions: LL

Humanoidlawyer

Dec 1, 2022
Just received WG invite from HL for direct TC. Does anyone know if this is automatic or after reviewing the application?
Received mine as well just now. Saw some previous answers here on TCLA and apparently it's automatic. Your application and WG results will be reviewed together. But I wonder, if it were automatic why not just have it be completed with the application like other firms? Some other mystery is afoot maybe.

commerciallawyer2910

Esteemed Member
Dec 7, 2022
Received mine as well just now. Saw some previous answers here on TCLA and apparently it's automatic. Your application and WG results will be reviewed together. But I wonder, if it were automatic why not just have it be completed with the application like other firms? Some other mystery is afoot maybe.
I received this too, assuming it’s automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.