TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeWadey01

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 9, 2022
Yes I did! I thought it was pretty good but always so hard to tell! How about you?

Just had an email from them saying we'll hear back mid next week - presume you've had the same but just thought I'd say in case you haven't seen it yet!
It was good! I reckon you had the same as me. It was hard to resd gentlemen who interviewed me as he yawned a few times :/ and yes I got the email!

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 11, 2021
Just did my White & Case video interview.. I had prepared answers for just about every question that showed up and rehearsed them beforehand but when it came to the actual recording I was so nervous that I just couldn't stop stuttering 😭

I got invited to 2 video interviews last cycle and faced the same problem - got rejected from both after the car crash VIs lol. Rn I'm thinking I've screwed up yet another VI and ruined my chances again :( I'm just very disheartened that I'm not even getting through to AC because I'm struggling so much with VIs

I know that VIs are supposed to help bring your application to life, but can anyone here share tips on how not come across as too tense and how to keep your nerves under enough control to not stutter and speak too fast?

And from a grad rec perspective @Jessica Booker have you ever found yourself still progressing a candidate even though he/she stuttered a bit or seemed a little flustered but still managed to deliver good points across in the recording? Or is it so competitive that only the recordings with good substance in their answers, as well as being well-structured and well-composed (i.e. near perfect) get progressed to the next stage?

Also in case anyone wondering...
Opportunity I applied for: London 2024 Training Contract
Deadline: 15 July 2022
I applied on: 15 July 2022
Received VI invite: 17 August 2022 (you have 5 days from when you receive the invite to complete the VI on Launchpad) VI recordings are reviewed on a rolling basis.
VI format: 3 questions total; 15 seconds prep time before each question, recording lasts for 90 seconds. You are not allowed to re-record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.