Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Reactions: Momo

Carli K

Oct 18, 2022
I'm currently filling out the Vinson & Elkins application form, for their Direct Training Contract, and one of the requirements is 60 and over in all 1st-year undergraduate modules.

I satisfy this criterion... I completed a four-year course and I have now graduated, however, in one of my final year modules, I received a rogue 59.

To me, this requirement seems as though they may place importance on 60 and above in later years if they do in the first year.

Has anyone had success progressing through to the VI stage with the firm with one anomaly of 2.2?

P.S. I scored 67 overall in my degree, so a solid 2.1, I'm just wondering whether I would be spending time on an app that may go nowhere.
Received the VI today and had a couple of 2.2s in my second year so I wouldn’t worry about it :)

• 🏆
Reactions: sxw517

TashaV

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hey, I submitted my app late November and got the VI invite three days later. I got an email from the team in early Jan that they are currently reviewing VIs and will be getting back to us asap but not yet heard since :(

What stage are you in specifically? post-app or post-vi?
I'm currently just post-app!

mome101

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 30, 2021
    If I passed Hogan Lovells' WG for summer scheme last year, would I have to do a WG test for them again now that I'm applying for a direct TC app? Also just wondering if there's someone else who hasn't received the WG test for either HL or Mayer Brown after submitting direct-TC app?

Zaidoz10

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 6, 2022
    @Jessica Booker I saw on TCLA 3 days ago that someone heard back from Linklaters about whether or not they have been invited to the AC for the direct TC. I still haven’t heard anything from the firm. Should I assume it’s a rejection?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker I saw on TCLA 3 days ago that someone heard back from Linklaters about whether or not they have been invited to the AC for the direct TC. I still haven’t heard anything from the firm. Should I assume it’s a rejection?
    Absolutely not - they have a lot of people to recruit and three days is no time at all in recruitment.

Reactions: Sunshinepink

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    If I passed Hogan Lovells' WG for summer scheme last year, would I have to do a WG test for them again now that I'm applying for a direct TC app? Also just wondering if there's someone else who hasn't received the WG test for either HL or Mayer Brown after submitting direct-TC app?
    I think it depends as some firms will use your score from last year but some will make you do it again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.