Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica, my TC commences in 2025

I spoke to a member of GR, and I was told I’m exempt from the City Consortium Programme, if I pass the LPC in the first go.

In my signed offer letter, I requested an earlier start date, given that I’m exempt from the CCP (provided I pass all my modules) - this was again acknowledged by GR.
You must be doing an old format of qualification with the TC then.

You’ll need to to the PSC during your TC and see three distinct areas of law. You won’t be able to leave to train elsewhere without approval from the SRA.

If you are doing a Qualifying Work Experience TC, then no matter what Freshfields say, you will need to do the SQE2.

Reactions: Maham and LlamaLaw

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hi @Jessica Booker ( and anyone else in the forum who might know)

I hope you are well!

I’ve read on the forum that you are quite familiar with Top Score. I was wondering if you knew whether Top Score has the functionality to be able to see what you’re doing on your laptop? For example, if I opened a separate tab or separate browser and searched something - can they see that? Like a screen share?

Many thanks in advance

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker ( and anyone else in the forum who might know)

I hope you are well!

I’ve read on the forum that you are quite familiar with Top Score. I was wondering if you knew whether Top Score has the functionality to be able to see what you’re doing on your laptop? For example, if I opened a separate tab or separate browser and searched something - can they see that? Like a screen share?

Many thanks in advance
I don’t think they would see you screen, but the technology might be there these days.

However, you shouldn’t be doing assessment centre exercises in conjunction with someone (what would be happening if you were sharing your screen or someone was sharing theirs).

Integrity is a vital aspect of the profession and this would be a form of cheating. If you were found out, there is little to no chance of you being offered a role.

Even if the technology doesn’t pick it up, assessors can often guess when something like this is happening by your behaviour on camera, and they will be able to see what you are doing/viewing when you are on the platform at the same time. If that doesn’t add up, they will have concerns about this.

Reactions: Jedward87

Fd321

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Mar 3, 2023
Has anyone heard from Howard kennedy post app? I got this email to fill out a diversity and inclusion questionnaire a couple of days ago which I thought was pretty odd post app but other than that haven’t heard anything

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
I don’t think they would see you screen, but the technology might be there these days.

However, you shouldn’t be doing assessment centre exercises in conjunction with someone (what would be happening if you were sharing your screen or someone was sharing theirs).

Integrity is a vital aspect of the profession and this would be a form of cheating. If you were found out, there is little to no chance of you being offered a role.

Even if the technology doesn’t pick it up, assessors can often guess when something like this is happening by your behaviour on camera, and they will be able to see what you are doing/viewing when you are on the platform at the same time. If that doesn’t add up, they will have concerns about this.
Hi Jessica

Thanks for your reply

Absolutely. I didn’t mean that I would be sharing my screen to someone else, I meant is the technology such that we are sharing our screen with the invigilators on top score.

The reason I asked was because I wanted to know if I was able to Google the spelling of a word for example ( which if top score shares screen they will see and whether that would be deemed acceptable)

lw2000

Distinguished Member
Aug 19, 2021
Has anyone heard from Howard kennedy post app? I got this email to fill out a diversity and inclusion questionnaire a couple of days ago which I thought was pretty odd post app but other than that haven’t heard anything
The email said the deadline for filling the D&I questionnaire is today and that it was the final step in the application so I think sometime in May is probably the earliest we will hear

Reactions: Fd321

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica

Thanks for your reply

Absolutely. I didn’t mean that I would be sharing my screen to someone else, I meant is the technology such that we are sharing our screen with the invigilators on top score.

The reason I asked was because I wanted to know if I was able to Google the spelling of a word for example ( which if top score shares screen they will see and whether that would be deemed acceptable)
You’d be able to Google stuff for things like spellings. Even if you didn’t do that on your computer you could easily do that on your phone or another device that wouldn’t be shared. I don’t think you share your screen with the software platform though - everything you do is within the confines of the platform.

Googling something is going to generally be ok though as it’s something you’d realistically do in the workplace anyway/have access to

Reactions: Jedward87

Pal22

Jul 9, 2021
This is very common now. Many firms do not want trainees coming through two qualification routes as they are treated so differently, have different rights, different training needs etc.

You’ll be exempt from SQE1 and will just need to sit SQE2 given you have passed the LPC.
Thanks Jessica! Appreciate this info. Do you know if any firms do not require the SQE or is that across the board?

Fd321

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Mar 3, 2023
The email said the deadline for filling the D&I questionnaire is today and that it was the final step in the application so I think sometime in May is probably the earliest we will hear
Yeah I thought it seemed super random to give out that once our applications had already been submitted? But yeah you’re probably right 🤞🏼

academicweapon121

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 20, 2023
    @Jessica Booker :

Is it a bad idea to use the same event to answer two questions on an application form? For example, an important project I was part of is a very good example of excellent teamwork but also of using commercial awareness, which are two separate questions in the application. I unfortunately don't have any other examples that will be quite as strong.

Thanks

p272

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Mar 18, 2023
    also received an invitation to interview from Withers ! I'm studying abroad so not available for any of the dates they've given me so I hope they will be flexible either allowing for virtual interview or offering different dates 🤞

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.