Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker :

Is it a bad idea to use the same event to answer two questions on an application form? For example, an important project I was part of is a very good example of excellent teamwork but also of using commercial awareness, which are two separate questions in the application. I unfortunately don't have any other examples that will be quite as strong.

Thanks
I would avoid it if you can - showing a variety of your skills/experiences is important.

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hi @Jessica Booker and everyone else in the forum - I hope you are well.

I am just looking into SRA related questions - one question is about a client telling you something confidential/ or you hear a client mention something

Under the SRA principles you have to keep client information confidential

So, when escalating this to your supervisor, are you allowed to tell them what you heard/ what the client told you? Or must you keep it confidential from your supervisor too?

Thanks in advance

islasorna

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 29, 2023
Hello,

I got invited to an assessment centre on Wednesday with the option of 2 dates. The default email said if no dates suit then to wait as they will release more dates in a few days. I decided to wait (as the dates given were not ideal with my exams) and now both those dates have gone, but no new dates have appeared. I'm just a bit worried that they have invited more people to the assessment centre than there are places available at the assessment centre. (The firm normally hires 2 years in advance but for some reason have opened up application to start this year, so I assume there will be very few TCs places available - and I'm assuming the email inviting me was just the standard default one). Am I just being paranoid i've missed out on this opportunity?!

SuccessfulSolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2023
What’s there to stop me from applying to a firm I was rejected by for a vacation scheme again this summer for a direct training contract? Like the firm I want to apply to says they only allow one application per recruitment cycle but I know people who have applied to firms twice in the same year and still had things proceed as normal.

It’s not like I’d get blacklisted right? Can you even be blacklisted?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What’s there to stop me from applying to a firm I was rejected by for a vacation scheme again this summer for a direct training contract? Like the firm I want to apply to says they only allow one application per recruitment cycle but I know people who have applied to firms twice in the same year and still had things proceed as normal.

It’s not like I’d get blacklisted right? Can you even be blacklisted?
You’d just get straight rejected. Most applicant tracking systems would flag you up as a duplicate applicant and therefore the firm wouldn’t bother reading your application, and would just turn you down on the basis of you being a duplicate applicant.

Different firms have different policies regarding reapplying, which is why others you know may have proceeded with a subsequent application for some firms.

SuccessfulSolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2023
You’d just get straight rejected. Most applicant tracking systems would flag you up as a duplicate applicant and therefore the firm wouldn’t bother reading your application, and would just turn you down on the basis of you being a duplicate applicant.

Different firms have different policies regarding reapplying, which is why others you know may have proceeded with a subsequent application for some firms.
Thank for letting me know!

Sorry I forgot to mention that she used a different email. I think using a different email should be safe. Cause like you said, worse case scenario I’ll just be straight up rejected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.