TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polaranu

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
Just got through to Curtis - they said they’ve finished recruiting for TCs this year (they also said we should have received an email saying we will only hear back if our application will be progressed…though I didn’t get it). Sad but we keep moving forward and good luck with all your apps! 🤍

• Sad
Reactions: TheTCcommune

CorporateCrocodile

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 21, 2022
    Hello all! This will be my first direct TC app cycle. So far, I've focused solely on firms who have a good intake of their TC offers coming from the direct route (as opposed to firms that predominantly recruit from their vac schemes, like Weil for example). My problem is that I can't seem to get any good info on Kirkland so was wondering if anyone knows about where they tend to recruit from and if its worth applying via the direct TC route? I don't want to spend weeks on an application when, statistically speaking, my chances of progressing are pretty negligible.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Does anyone know any forums/communities like TCLA that focus on lateral hiring for commercial law firms in London? And does anyone know the process for lateral hiring generally (for associates with 2-3 years of experience)? While VS/TC applications have a more direct process on firm websites, lateral hiring processes don't seem to be available that easily.

Please feel free to respond here or DM, especially if you've had any experience with this in the past!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone know any forums/communities like TCLA that focus on lateral hiring for commercial law firms in London? And does anyone know the process for lateral hiring generally (for associates with 2-3 years of experience)? While VS/TC applications have a more direct process on firm websites, lateral hiring processes don't seem to be available that easily.

Please feel free to respond here or DM, especially if you've had any experience with this in the past!
    Not really that I know of - I suspect because it’s actually a fairly small world and you’d be more identifiable talking about firms/what you were applying for.

Reddit tends to have a few threads on these type of topics though.

What type of things do you want to know about the lateral hiring process?

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Not really that I know of - I suspect because it’s actually a fairly small world and you’d be more identifiable talking about firms/what you were applying for.

Reddit tends to have a few threads on these type of topics though.

What type of things do you want to know about the lateral hiring process?
    I wanted to know how to apply for those positions (i.e. from the firm website, from getting in touch on LinkedIn or any other way), if there's a particular process that needs to be followed, if it's better to go through recruiters or apply directly, how the interview processes for these are etc.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello @Jessica Booker , hope you are well. I d like to ask if you happen to know which firms allow for online ACs? Since I am an int student and I plan to apply for direct TCs from outside the UK.
    There is no set answer to this unfortunately. Some firms will want you to attend in person. Many will provide online assessments instead though.

Reactions: M0M007
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.