TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaMi222

Jan 11, 2023
@Jessica Booker Hi Jessica, I recently applied for GT's training scheme, however, while I emailed them my cv, cover letter and uni transcript, i did not attach my high school transcript. the deadline just passed on the 19th. Should I email them now by attaching my transcript or should I wait for them to email me first? Thank you.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Hi Jessica, I recently applied for GT's training scheme, however, while I emailed them my cv, cover letter and uni transcript, i did not attach my high school transcript. the deadline just passed on the 19th. Should I email them now by attaching my transcript or should I wait for them to email me first? Thank you.
I would wait for them to contact you.

Reactions: SaMi222

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
Hey May I ask if GT is rolling or not? Can’t seem to find info anywhere else.

SaMi222

Jan 11, 2023
Hey May I ask if GT is rolling or not? Can’t seem to find info anywhere else.
I have found conflicting information regarding GT's application process. Some say its rolling basis while some say its non-rolling. If youre applying for the 2024 cohort, the deadline was on Friday the 19th. For the 2025 cohort, they have now extended it to June 2nd. Those who have applied for 2024, should hear from the firm by the 26th of May. Best of luck to us lol

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Anyone have the application questions for Orrick TC? Considering late app.

Please paste your covering letter here. Please address your covering letter to Sushila Nayak. (500)

Describe your involvement and positions of responsibility in any extra-curricular activities including societies, sports, charitable and voluntary work. (200)

Please detail academic awards, prizes or scholarships and non-academic achievements at school, university and law school (if applicable). (200)

What would you say has been your greatest success to date and how did you achieve this? (250)

Have you been following any recent news stories or events that have attracted your attention and you think would have an impact, or be of interest, to Orrick? (250)

Why have you decided to pursue a career as a commercial lawyer working in an international law firm? What factors and influences have affected your decision? (250)

Why specifically are you interested in training at Orrick? What makes us different to the other firms you have applied for? (250)

• ℹ️
Reactions: Dwight and S87

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
I have found conflicting information regarding GT's application process. Some say its rolling basis while some say its non-rolling. If youre applying for the 2024 cohort, the deadline was on Friday the 19th. For the 2025 cohort, they have now extended it to June 2nd. Those who have applied for 2024, should hear from the firm by the 26th of May. Best of luck to us lol
Hopefully it’s non rolling cause I sent an email to grad recruitment weeks ago asking but haven’t received a response

Reactions: SaMi222

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
seconding this - please do give feedback! There’s very little info out there on the Bakers AC!
would also appreciate any insight! good luck everyone :)

separately, any tips for prepping commercial awareness? feel so overwhelmed by the info out there, if anyone has tips on approaching this for an AC that would be greatly appreciated

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Pinsent Masons TC Offer!! 🤍✨
Amazing news - congratulations!!

Happy I Am Groot GIF by Disney+

• Love
Reactions: AY
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.