TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wannabe_Lawyer

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Jul 22, 2018
Always best to double check by emailing them! I would contact them to check that there wasn’t an online test you were supposed to receive.

Keep us updated - Laura :)
Thanks Laura! I did end up emailing them, but haven't heard back. I was looking through the threads and it seems to have happened to vac schemers too a few months ago.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Does Freshfields Personal Statement require a similar format to cover letter (e.g. starting off with "Dear Graduate Recruitment" and ending it with salutation) or is it okay to leave those things out ?
    I was going to ask something related to this also. Does it need to have your sincerely and then your name at the end. I know it is not a cover letter but don't want to miss out on something in the application.

H

hollahollaholla

I was going to ask something related to this also. Does it need to have your sincerely and then your name at the end. I know it is not a cover letter but don't want to miss out on something in the application.
    Yes that's exactly what I'm wondering. Feels a bit odd to not start with "dear graduate recruitment" and to just end on a last sentence..

CallumJR

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 16, 2020
    I received an email to take the WG on Monday with a deadline of 9am this morning. They said they would be sending out invitations for interviews for week beginning 10 July based on the results.
    Is this for Fried Frank or Orrick?

Congrats & wish you the best of luck with the process!!!

cgc

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 25, 2023
    Is this for Fried Frank or Orrick?

Congrats & wish you the best of luck with the process!!!
    Thanks a lot! I’m stressing a little bit waiting in hope for the follow up email! I completed it Monday, but they didn’t say when they would be sending emails inviting for interviews if you were acceptable, but I assume it must be in the next 48 hours.

• 🏆
    Reactions: Louise59 and sxw517

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does Freshfields Personal Statement require a similar format to cover letter (e.g. starting off with "Dear Graduate Recruitment" and ending it with salutation) or is it okay to leave those things out ?
    No - it isn’t a cover letter so you can just start with your opening paragraph.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    No - there is no need for you to include these cover letter formalities as it is a personal statement.

Reactions: Asil Ahmad
    H

hollahollaholla

How much should you talk about past vacation schemes in a personal statement if there is also a work experience section in the application? Right now I'm just drawing on it to back up my motivation for commercial law as well as specific practice areas. I don't go in much detail of concrete work I've done or skills I build, as it is in the work experience section. Not sure if the section is always read though, or if it's only read if the personal statement is deemed good. Thanks!!

M0M007

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 6, 2023
    Hello, does anyone know how to prepare for the Flex legal test? What kind of content is being tested? Any tips will do. Thank you very much in advance :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.