TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

RANDOTRON

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 11, 2021
    Hey, would this apply to White & Case as well esp when ure unsuccessful post-app for the VS?
    Hi there! I generally caution against reapplying the same cycle just because it is hard to demonstrate substantial improvement within just a few months or unless you rewrite your entire application in a totally different way that makes your answers better – this is quite hard to do without feedback. You can see this reflected in the NB section of this list. That said, you can still go for it if you wish – I'm sure there are some people who reapplied and got a TC offer from a firm after being rejected for a VS in the same cycle. Check with GR to see specifically how they treat reapplying in the same cycle.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: M0M007 and Asil Ahmad

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Yes, there is an optional place to add a CV - would it be a bad idea just to include it though if we have an updated one, even if it is repetitive?
    They have had this for a long time - it’s where their application system is used for other vacancies. You don’t need to add a CV, it will never be reviewed even if you do.

Reactions: laurabeaumont

leaaa2023

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 27, 2023
    Eversheds has again filled all London TC places from VS.

Why are they even opening TC apps and waste our time.

Some people CANNOT do a VS because of full time employment / visa requirement / family commitments...

Eversheds where are your D&I effords?!
    just got the same email. It's unfair. The time and effort we put into these applications for them not to even consider us just because we couldn't do a VC.

Reactions: EM23 and CallumJR

Raynz

Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 19, 2022
    Has anyone NOT heard from Forsters / did people already hear back with PFO?

I am asking because my app was moved from VS to direct TC (was not eligible to apply for the VS) and I know they have already sent out AC invites.
    In the same boat...VS app moved to direct TC and now waiting 🥲

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    Those of you who have done case studies/commercial exercises as part of an interview process please share your experiences with me lol

Just had a third-stage interview and case study for a TC. The interview I felt went very well, but the case study was so difficult. I really struggled to get the answers they were looking for and they had to guide me to them the whole way. I've done group exercises for VS before and had no problem, but this was just bad 😅

Reactions: CorporateCrocodile

Mike Wazaoski

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Are you sure you can reapply? I would check the firm’s eligibility criteria first given you are reapplying in the same cycle.

I think it is challenging to try and demonstrate change/development in 3-4 months. If you are able to reapply, then it’s really about showing what you have done since the scheme that would show development in the areas the feedback highlighted.
    The graduate recruitment contact mentioned the opportunity to apply again in this cycle but also said (as you have) that usually candidates apply in the next cycle.

Focusing on key feedback areas seems to be a reasonable thing to do and now I have access to my feedback notes so will be following that. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: laurabeaumont

Mike Wazaoski

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    In regards to those waiting back from Orrick, I just checked the details of the graduate recrutement manager in the signature of my application response email and she actually left the firm last year lol (seemingly odd that her signature is still being used).

On this basis, I am assuming a continued delay in them reaching out to candidates.

Would be good to know if anyone is aware of assessment centre dates for Orrick, specifically for 2023 direct TC candidates.

• Wow
    Reactions: Chouette and bibss

Jolivem

Jul 9, 2022
    Hi, for those who already sent their Freshfields applications. Where did you upload your personal statement ?
    Do I need to upload it along with my cv or is there a specific tab after you've submitted the form ?

Seven

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 15, 2022
    Hi, for those who already sent their Freshfields applications. Where did you upload your personal statement ?
    Do I need to upload it along with my cv or is there a specific tab after you've submitted the form ?
    Should be the penultimate page at the bottom - if I can remember from memory. But it’s definitely in the application form and not after submission.

Reactions: Jolivem and Asil Ahmad
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.