TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louise59

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    Macfarlanes rejection thank you for letting me know. Can I please get my NRF and Freshfields rejection today also.
    Hi, sorry to hear about the Macfarlanes rejection, but for NRF keep your fingers crossed, someone said they received their invite to the test on the 5th of August last year, you could receive some good news tomorrow!!

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: Asil Ahmad

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    hey hey hey hey hey hey

have been mia, but back in the game after somehow getting the NRF telephone interview (first time passing arctic shores woot woot). if anyone has any insights about the TI, i'd be grateful. can offer some assistance with several firms in return :)

Hey!!
    I did the TI for NRF's vac scheme (I got a pfo which made sense since I already accepted a clashing offer)

It was very competency focused from what I remember, so make sure you have the STAR structure on lock. Pretty sure I had an innovation focused question in regards to how NRF innovates. It was honestly something you don't need to stress too much over, just be natural and have a good structure to your answers!

• Love
    Reactions: Adrian_S

Louise59

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    hey hey hey hey hey hey

have been mia, but back in the game after somehow getting the NRF telephone interview (first time passing arctic shores woot woot). if anyone has any insights about the TI, i'd be grateful. can offer some assistance with several firms in return :)
    Hi - I cannot help but there is a forum thread regarding NRF training contract for this application cycle and they are discussing the telephone interview, maybe it would be helpful for you to engage on this thread ? :)

• Love
    Reactions: Adrian_S

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hi, sorry to hear about the Macfarlanes rejection, but for NRF keep your fingers crossed, someone said they received their invite to the test on the 5th of August last year, you could receive some good news tomorrow!!
    Thank you very much really appreciate it a lot and guess just got to wait and see.

Reactions: Louise59

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Hi - I cannot help but there is a forum thread regarding NRF training contract for this application cycle and they are discussing the telephone interview, maybe it would be helpful for you to engage on this thread ? :)
    Hey!!
    I did the TI for NRF's vac scheme (I got a pfo which made sense since I already accepted a clashing offer)

It was very competency focused from what I remember, so make sure you have the STAR structure on lock. Pretty sure I had an innovation focused question in regards to how NRF innovates. It was honestly something you don't need to stress too much over, just be natural and have a good structure to your answers!

Thank you, you absolute angelsss!!!

• Love
    Reactions: EliteWhovian

Louise59

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    Also, does anyone know the average time to hear back from Paul Hastings for the next stages (or get a silent PFO as I know they don't email if they've rejected you)?
    I checked last year thread for Paul Hastings and it seems some people heard back around the 15th of August for the first stage. Some people were still waiting in October after the second stage from what I read tho.

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Got a fairly niche quesitons, but does anyone know of firms that work heavily within environmental law, say like shippping or energy?

I highly recommend using Chambers Rankings to help you with this (https://chambers.com/legal-guide/uk-1). They will list firms that are ranked in these areas from band 1 (the highest) to band 4 (still pretty amazing). After a quick search, I found:

UK Environmental law band 1 London-based firms:
    • Dentons
    • Latham & Watkins
    • Linklaters
    • CMS
    UK Energy and Natural Resources: Renewables & Alternative Energies band 1 UK-wide firms:
    • Linklaters
    • Allen & Overy
    • Norton Rose Fulbright
    UK Shipping band 1 UK-wide firms:
    • HFW
    • Reed Smith
    • Stephenson Harwood
    This is just a start, you can play around so much with the filters to find what you are looking for and then use it to begin your research on firms.

• Love
    Reactions: NJS

MayaM0921

Premium Member
    Jan 17, 2023
    Hi Jessica. I have a question regarding starting the law conversion. On BPP website it says for the PGDL+SQE1 prep course, if you start in September it's 16 months, and if you start in January it is 12 months. Does this mean that choosing to start in January is an option and doesn't delay the timeline at all? For instance, if I start the course in January 2024, does it mean that I can still start a September 2025 TC? Thanks a lot!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.