TCLA General Discussion Thread #2 (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELaw2021

Future Trainee
Apr 27, 2021
Following an AC, I was told that I could email Grad Recruitment for written feedback, which I did, but it's been 2 weeks without a response - when is it appropriate to send a follow up email/should I wait a bit longer?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Following an AC, I was told that I could email Grad Recruitment for written feedback, which I did, but it's been 2 weeks without a response - when is it appropriate to send a follow up email/should I wait a bit longer?

Give it an extra week, the person who could give you feedback could easily be away for two weeks on annual leave.

YFA

Mar 10, 2019
Hi - I always struggle with competencies around resilience - I think because I always feel my examples are not super grand. I know that's not necessarily what they are looking for, but just curious about how you guys approach this?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi - I always struggle with competencies around resilience - I think because I always feel my examples are not super grand. I know that's not necessarily what they are looking for, but just curious about how you guys approach this?
Resilience is mainly about one of the following:

- picking yourself up when things don’t go to plan/aren’t enjoyable
- when you have to persevere with either more time or energy to ensure you succeed at something
- putting yourself in situations where you are not completely comfortable, but know that the experience will make you stronger/better once you have got through it.

Two people could be doing exactly the same thing, and one could be showing resilience while the other doesn’t. So it’s really about showing how you personally have had to demonstrate resilience, not what might naturally be perceived as requiring resilience.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Jacob Miller and Dheepa

YFA

Mar 10, 2019
Resilience is mainly about one of the following:

- picking yourself up when things don’t go to plan/aren’t enjoyable
- when you have to persevere with either more time or energy to ensure you succeed at something
- putting yourself in situations where you are not completely comfortable, but know that the experience will make you stronger/better once you have got through it.

Two people could be doing exactly the same thing, and one could be showing resilience while the other doesn’t. So it’s really about showing how you personally have had to demonstrate resilience, not what might naturally be perceived as requiring resilience.
I actually had a few ideas that I could speak about while reading your response so thanks so much for breaking it down like that!

Reactions: Jessica Booker
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.