TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Well, I had to select my own time and date on an online portal, so I guess i've already confirmed my availability by doing that. The email from grad recruitment just confirmed the time and date that I had selected so feel it's not worth replying to?
    Maybe an automated email in that case so I don't think it needs a response unless they've requested that you take any action.

sibs23

Legendary Member
    Jan 15, 2021
    You’ve got some very helpful answers to this already but personally I always linked commercial answers back to the firm. In terms of how you’d link it back, think about the practice areas that would be involved in helping clients make use of the opportunity/impact from whatever you’re discussing.
    Yes - thank you to those who have answered :) I agree and that's the approach I'm aiming for so that I am able to show off my interest in the firm in a subtle way even though the question is not directly asking about the firm.

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    Anyone have an accurate description/definition of the term debenture? I am getting mixed answers from my research:

(1) 'A debenture is a type of bond or other debt instrument that is unsecured by collateral.' (Investopedia)
    (2) 'A debenture is a loan agreement in writing between a borrower and a lender that is registered at Companies House. It gives the lender security over the borrower’s assets.' (gazette)

Is it the loan or the agreement for the loan?
    Are debentures secured by collateral or not?

So confused after those two definitions

@Dheepa @Jacob Miller @Jaysen @Neville Birdi

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    Anyone have an accurate description/definition of the term debenture? I am getting mixed answers from my research:

(1) 'A debenture is a type of bond or other debt instrument that is unsecured by collateral.' (Investopedia)
    (2) 'A debenture is a loan agreement in writing between a borrower and a lender that is registered at Companies House. It gives the lender security over the borrower’s assets.' (gazette)

Is it the loan or the agreement for the loan?
    Are debentures secured by collateral or not?

So confused after those two definitions

@Dheepa @Jacob Miller @Jaysen @Neville Birdi
    It’s the latter. A debenture usually means the document creating the security.

Reactions: Dwight

aspiring_solicitor

Star Member
    Aug 16, 2021
    Yeah, so I was sent this today:

Thank you for your interest in Clyde & Co. Your application has been received and is currently being reviewed.

As part of the application process, you will be invited to take part in an Online Assessment. You will receive an invite for this in due course.

In the meantime, there are a few things we suggest you do to prepare:

•Visit the Cappfinity Preparation Hub for guidance on how to best prepare for a video interview

•Try our virtual experience programme to gain a deeper understanding of the firm, the quality of work we engage in and what we expect of our trainees via: clydecoearlycareers.com/en-gb/virtual-experience-programme

If you require any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the application process ….

I am not sure if this means I’ve progressed to video interview or, more likely, they’re just giving a heads up
    I got the same reply even though I just applied for an insight day. So do I have to take part in an online assessment for insight day too?

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    There’s something quite ironic about reading back an application and seeing the skills section and instead of saying “it’s important to remain calm”, it says “it’s important to remain clam” …
    rolling bobs burgers GIF

em311

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 15, 2019
    There’s something quite ironic about reading back an application and seeing the skills section and instead of saying “it’s important to remain calm”, it says “it’s important to remain clam” …
    rolling bobs burgers GIF

I realised I had written that I completed the "Farage internship" instead of Forage 🙃🙃🙃

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Well, I had to select my own time and date on an online portal, so I guess i've already confirmed my availability by doing that. The email from grad recruitment just confirmed the time and date that I had selected so feel it's not worth replying to?
    No need to confirm if you have booked yourself in. There email is basically the confirmation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.