TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannabean

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2022
What does it usually mean if a firm rejects me for a vac scheme (before the AC stage), but offers me a spot for the direct TC AC? As the direct TC's deadline isn't until July and as such, the AC dates aren't confirmed, will they revoke this offer?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What does it usually mean if a firm rejects me for a vac scheme (before the AC stage), but offers me a spot for the direct TC AC? As the direct TC's deadline isn't until July and as such, the AC dates aren't confirmed, will they revoke this offer?
Do you have a lot of legal work experience or are currently working in a legal or commercial role?

Reactions: newtothis

CallumJR

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2020
Does anyone have advice on telephone interviews? I remember I botched the one I had with NRF
I have completed telephone interviews with Dentons, Stephenson Harwood and Fieldfisher. HMU if you need insight into the TI with one of those firms.

Otherwise I suggest you do some research what kind of questions they might ask. Prepare general competency questions, why the firm, news story, recent deal.
I think it is always good to make your answer as personal as possible and try to relate your answers back to the firm or the role.

Good luck!!!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you for replying so quickly @Jessica Booker !! I'm currently working as a paralegal, and have been in the role for almost a year now
I suspect it is one or both of the following then:

- they don’t think as an experienced paralegal you will benefit from attending a vacation scheme

- they know the conflicts checks given you are employed by another firm are too arduous

These are often they key two reasons why they would turn you down for a VS but encourage you to apply for/transfer you over to a TC.

• 🏆
Reactions: hannabean and Ali A

YA

Mar 26, 2020
Clifford Chance video interview invite!
This will be my first ever one so if anyone has any tips - especially in relation to the Middle East vac scheme - I’d really appreciate it!
Hey, same here. Would appreciate it if someone who has completed a CC VI (esp the ME vac scheme) could please share their insights!

Many thanks

Reactions: SS21

americanmonarch

Standard Member
Apr 27, 2022
Any White & Case AC offers post VI recently? I feel like they have been gone missing
I wouldn't worry too much, I've heard a few people getting invited this week so hopefully you hear soon. And even if you don't, I heard that last year people were still doing ACs until May - just shy of a month before the scheme. So fingers crossed for you and remain hopeful!

• Love
Reactions: Ali A

americanmonarch

Standard Member
Apr 27, 2022
How long should it be left before chasing a firm for expenses? Submitted mine about a month ago. In no major rush so happy to wait but also don't want to have been forgotten!
I would say once it hits the six-week mark, ask them about it. If I were you I'd be tempted to email now, but it might be a bit soon. So give it another two weeks then drop them a nice polite email asking them where ur money is lol

SS21

Distinguished Member
Oct 17, 2022
Anyone know if Clifford Chance reviews VI as they're submitted or only after the deadline?

I feel like I need all the time to prepare but just wondering if it might be good to get it in as soon as I can...

lawstudent22

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2022
Did anyone else get completely ghosted by Winston & Strawn after completing the WG? It's literally been two months and I know they invited people to interview and gave out offers. Should I chase them up for a PFO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.