TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM23

Distinguished Member
Dec 10, 2022
Hey, does anyone know if the Edinburgh office for WBD would qualify you through the scottish or english route? Can't find the answer online although it they only reference the SQE route so I would assume it is English?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey, does anyone know if the Edinburgh office for WBD would qualify you through the scottish or english route? Can't find the answer online although it they only reference the SQE route so I would assume it is English?
it could easily be both or either. It’s probably worthwhile emailing them about it.

Reactions: EM23

aspire_solicitor

• Apr 14, 2023
    Hi @WillkieGemma,

I wanted to ask - How does Willkie assess vacation schemers for a training contract? And is the vacation scheme the only route to a TC at Willkie?

I would also appreciate any advice you have for anyone who has secured a vacation scheme to convert it into a TC offer.

Thank you.

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    How should you answer the question: "how do you deal with a stressful situation"? Is it asking for an example where you have faced a stressful situation, or general techniques you use when you're faced with stressful situations?

AI

Star Member
    Nov 3, 2020
    How should you answer the question: "how do you deal with a stressful situation"? Is it asking for an example where you have faced a stressful situation, or general techniques you use when you're faced with stressful situations?
    I think this question is looking to see how you personally react to a stressful situation. I would personally use an example because it can really strengthen your answer. You could be someone that enjoys working under pressure, or who doesn't dwell upon stressful situations. For example, I would personally answer it by stating that I like to respond to situations as they come rather than dwelling or stressing about it. Through that, I can take control of the situation rather than dwelling on any setbacks. I find that it is best to take a proactive role in challenging or pressured situations. Then give an example of when you have demonstrated this i.e. when has there been a situation in which you took action, used your initiative e.g. dealt with a difficult customer, being bombarded with so many tasks. This then gives you an opportunity to be bring it other skills such as communication, initiative, organisation. Through that, you could also bring in techniques which helps you deal with stressful situations.

Overall, this question really is about self-reflection, and how you specifically tend to deal with stressful situations. There are many different ways you could answer this and the above is just one example. Hope it helps!

• 🏆
    Reactions: IT7
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.