TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

hopefulforatc

Star Member
Mar 3, 2024
I think SH just doesn't send a PFO email if they don't consider your app. I applied back in October and selected all three schemes (winter, spring and summer) and haven't heard anything, not even a holding email. That being said, I have seen SH send test/interview invites in April/May so I wouldn't lose hope completely. Just for those that applied 6 months ago, it's pretty poor communication from the firm imo.
Yes lets see, I agree poor communication from their side. I guess we will have to wait till April and May now.

Reactions: jplaw1010

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
I think SH just doesn't send a PFO email if they don't consider your app. I applied back in October and selected all three schemes (winter, spring and summer) and haven't heard anything, not even a holding email. That being said, I have seen SH send test/interview invites in April/May so I wouldn't lose hope completely. Just for those that applied 6 months ago, it's pretty poor communication from the firm imo.
Yesss granted I haven't interacted with many many firms, but SH has been the only firm with really poor communication. Not a good look imo.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
I am in a v privileged position to have two vac schemes for the summer but they unfortunately clash - one of the schemes has two dates. How would I word an email to GR about moving my vacation scheme to the earlier date without it sounding as if I am prioritising the other scheme or the wrong tone etc
I personally would highlight how grateful you are for the vacation scheme offer, however you need them to consider pushing you to another date.

Law firms are used to these kinds of request so I would not worry about it, it is standard practice for many to ask. The law firm might say yes or might say no but as long as you reiterate how grateful you are for the opportunity and you are nice in the delivery, nothing will happen.

I personally did find myself in this situation last year and that is how I operated and everything worked out well for me. I also know many who did this too and no one was judged any differently because they asked to be moved to another date.

maya123

Mar 28, 2024
Womble Bond Dickinson said they would get back to people on the week commencing 25th March, and I just wanted to ask if there is even a chance for me to progress to the virtual AC based on my Amberjack Assessment feedback report? I got top band for Verbal Intellect, middle band for Numerical Intellect. As for the 4 pillars I got:
Grit: 6; Applied Intellect: 4; Creative Force: 7; Digital Mindset: 9
yeh deffo - got an AC and got top for verbal, bottom for numerical, and then 6,7,4,4

• 🏆
Reactions: Sharon Wu

mp2000

Distinguished Member
Jan 29, 2024
I got a holding email today!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.