Vacation Scheme Deadlines 2021/2022 - Law Firm List with Opening and Closing Dates

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey All,

As law firms start to announce their opening and closing dates for the upcoming vacation scheme cycle, we'll keep an updated list on this below. In all cases, we'll post only when it's verified on the firm website with the link. We will also split between Winter/Spring/Summer where the dates differ.

Here is the initial formatting, but I will adjust this for easier reading as we grow the list of firms. There are also still plenty of firms to add: If anyone else wants to help, please comment with more firms, the relevant dates, and a link to the firm website.

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------

Vacation Scheme Opening Dates (for 2021-2022 Vacation Schemes)​

August 2021​

September 2021​

October 2021​

November 2021​

December 2021​

-----------------------------------------

Vacation Scheme Closing Dates (for 2021-2022 Vacation Schemes):​

Winter Deadlines​

October 2021​

November 2021​

Spring Deadlines​

November 2021​

December 2021​

January 2022​

Summer Deadlines

December 2021​

January 2022​

February 2022​

Last edited by a moderator:
    A

Anon 11031

at present are there any firms that are still open for training contract applications?
    Hey! This is probably a good place to look:

Tess72

Standard Member
    Future Trainee
    Apr 8, 2020
    Hey! This is probably a good place to look:

Useful list with application deadline dates. But do look into the individual firms as there are several errors on there re training contract commencement date (as in wrong year!) and also salaries quoted are lower than they actually are in some cases.

Reactions: Anon 11031

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Is it safe to assume that more will be added in the next few weeks? What is the usual/average application deadline for Winter Vac Schemes? Thanks!
    Yes - we'll be updating this tomorrow! Generally I'd expect it to be the end of October/first week of November.

Reactions: ScrappyDoo

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is it safe to assume that more will be added in the next few weeks? What is the usual/average application deadline for Winter Vac Schemes? Thanks!
    Agree with Jaysen - always tends to be end of October/early November to allow enough time to cover careers events and also to cover some universities reading weeks at the last week of October.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey Jaysen - do you know when Allen & Overy are opening their winter vacation schemes, as I believe last year it was 3rd August? and I can’t find nothing on their website :(
    Sorry I missed this - yes I believe it was the 3rd August last year for all schemes. The deadline was then the 18th October 2020 for the Winter scheme. Will keep an eye out and update!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Jaysen, is it worth applying to Clifford Chance if you are now a graduate? Asking from your experience when speaking to others on here :)

Some people have told me I am wasting my time if I do. As they mainly accept via their SPARK scheme.
    Clifford Chance have in the last few years been very clear that they prioritise penultimate year undergrads. However, we know of graduates who have still secured a TC with the firm, and so clearly it is still possible to get a TC with them despite this approach by the firm.

ScrappyDoo

Esteemed Member
    May 15, 2021
    Clifford Chance have in the last few years been very clear that they prioritise penultimate year undergrads. However, we know of graduates who have still secured a TC with the firm, and so clearly it is still possible to get a TC with them despite this approach by the firm.
    Thanks Jessica! I feel slightly motivated now to submit an application :)

Shreya Dristi

Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 28, 2019
    Hey Jaysen - do you know when Allen & Overy are opening their winter vacation schemes, as I believe last year it was 3rd August? and I can’t find nothing on their website :(
    Hey! I think that Allen & Overy's applications will open on the 16th of August. I saw this in an automated email reply from graduate recruitment. Grad Rec Email.png

ScrappyDoo

Esteemed Member
    May 15, 2021
    Hey! I think that Allen & Overy's applications will open on the 16th of August. I saw this in an automated email reply from graduate recruitment. View attachment 3506
    Sesame Street Reaction GIF by HBO Max

Reactions: OB

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.